RESOLVED: More of a typo than a bug

Hello, in the Davis forcast there is a full stop (period) where there should be, it comes after temp as seen below

partly cloudy with little temp. change.
version 37s b46

Thanks

In this case “temp.” is the abbreviation used for “temperature” in most of the standard Davis forecast strings.
WD should not change those strings as there are a lot of translation-scripts which need to be updated to cope with new strings.

langlookup|Partly cloudy with little temp. change|Gedeeltelijk bewolkt met weinig verandering in de temperatuur|

There are over 50 used forecast strings already.

Saratoga-Template and Leuven-Template users can use the translation files to expand the abbreviation, as the ‘english’ language strings are translated also.

langlookup|Partly cloudy with little temp. change|Partly cloudy with little temperature change|

Wim

Oh, i see, in WD’s own app, weather talk, the . acts as an end of sentence, therefore its adding a long pause before the word change. To be honest, i do not believe i have seen temperature abbreviated to temp. before.

it looks like this is from the davis console forecast?
in which case, that full stop should be a space
I will fix that for the next update

the scripts should not be affected

Thank you, if they are effected and you need to put it back to how it was then its not a problem, i dont want to create a big problem for the great work the guys do with the scripts.

I cant see how this change will affect the scripts
try a new .zip update, ready now

Thank you, currently the forecast is saying something else, I will let you know once it it appears again, shouldnt be too long :slight_smile:

Working perfectly, thank you