Leuven template release 2.8

I have been seeing a “notice” Undefined variable: echo in /home/willia18/public_html/weather28/usa/noaafct/noaaDigitalGenerateHtml.php on line 24.

Has anyone else had this notice and how was it fixed?

noahsweather.com
Leuven template 2.8
windows 10
Weather Display 1037S b 45

Thanks

Bill

From very easy to dangerous, four solutions:

1. Switching wsDebug of will remove the display of this notice

2. Or removing the extra . in line 24 in weather28/usa/noaafct/noaaDigitalGenerateHtml.php by changing from

$echo           .=  '<!-- module '.$string.' -->'.PHP_EOL;

to

$echo           =  '<!-- module '.$string.' -->'.PHP_EOL;
  1. Or waiting for the new version which will be available when the new NOAA/NWs forecast changes are ready, already postponed from March 7 a few times. Now April 24 2017 seems the cutover date.

2. Or beta-testing the new version for me by
    4.1 renaming current folder weather??/usa/noaafct/
    4.2 and uploading the unzip of the attached one

This beta runs http://www.weerstation-leuven.be/northam/noaafct/demo.php?plain&lang=en
and at http://weather-template.nl/weather28/index.php?p=noaa_full_page&lang=en&wp=VW

But as I do not live in the USA I can only test it a little bit.

Wim

noaafct.zip (42.2 KB)

Wim,

Removing the . solved the issue.

I downloaded the noaafct folder and uploaded to my site. The only problem is the “graph” under the weather forecast summary has a problem with the icons.

Regards,

Bill

Thank you for bringing this nasty “size error” in the graphs to my attention. When I was testing the default and NWS icons I overlooked the size error in the graphs on the dashboard small version. The full page testing took all of the available time.
Cause of the error: The link to the latest highcharts version was not updated in the script.

I attach a new version of the dashboard script replacing the current one in weather28/usa/noaafct/

Wim

noaa_dash_fct.php.zip (2.94 KB)

Wim,

That cleared up the size problem.

Thanks for the help.

Bill