HB1 Wirereader

Hi. Brian! How to use HB1 Wirereader instead Dallas 1 wire reader with weather display? My main humidity sensor is broken, and I must to use 1wire humidity sensor as main. It not works good with Dallas 1 wire software, because WeatherDisplay sometimes takes data from broken sensor and humidity graf displaying wrong value with peaks…

Sensor: https://taaralabs.eu/1-wire-humidity-temperature-sensor/

there is a setting in the com port setup, 1 wire setup, to use the HB 1 wire reader

Hi
Something to try
My weather station is using all 1wire sensor

The sensor which can causes some problems is the hb 1 wire lightning sensor,

Try disconnecting the lightning sensor

This has cause problems with me in the past ,with humidity sensor and lightning sensor

Mick

Hi Mick, thanks for suggestion. Unfortunaly, lightning detector is not problem. My 1 wire sensor reading data corectly. That’ s bug a program WeatherDisplay. I’ dont now how to disable broken humidity sensor permanently. Is there any option a program for that?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Hi

So what you trying to do then is to use the temperature sensor only from your combined module

I have had a look at the circuit and the chip Specifications you are using is a DS2438
Smart Battery Monitor Which you are using the internal temperature from this chip

I would disconnect this module completely as the humidity sensor is not working correctly this could be a faulty humidity sensor chip or a problem with the DS2438

On the hobby board humidity and temperature sensor modules there is a dedicated Dallas (DS18S20) temperature chip And a DS2438Is used for the humanity Chip

I am pretty sure it’s not weather display, I’m not sure if weather display is programmed to use the temperature from the internal smart battery chip. maybe Brian clear this up,
It is so easy to add a 1 wire temperature sensor Dallas (DS18S20) temperature chip
To add a temperature sensor have a look at

http://www.weather-above.com/Chip%20DS18S20.html

Hope this information helps
mick

Hi Mick,
Temperature sensor is not a problem, because I get the data from the original sensor from my weather station (WeatherHawk). Since its moisture humidity is defective (shows low values), I use data with a 1 wire sensor to measure the humidity.
The problem is that the Weather display sometimes causes confusion and takes the data from a broken sensor. It takes a few minutes, enough to confuse my data and make the spikes on the graphs. There is an option in the weather display program that blocks the wrong data, so it temporarily resolves the problem.
Also, the humidity 1 wire sensor I mentioned above reads the data correctly and there is no failure. This is a problem in the program and Brian needs to correct it.
Unfortunately, the new original t/h Weatherhawk sensor is unavailable in EU.

Now I understand so the faulty humidity is on the Weatherhawk

Try using the hb1 reader
Close wd then open the wd 1 reader copy the humidity id rom
Delete the id rom in wd 1 reader then save and close

Open hb1 reader past the humidity id rom in and tick box
Click on find sensor then close this down

Start wd the wd 1 read should be running than run the hb1 reader
In the hb1 reader click find sensor

In wd1 reader you can set to have the hb1 reader start up when
Wd starts

Hope you can make sense of this
Mick