OT: Fluorescent tube / CFL Alert!

If you have any light fixtures that use a particular size of fluorescent tube or CFL run, don’t walk, to get some replacements. In the last few weeks I’ve found out the hard way that one circular fluorescent and one CFL that I use in multiple fittings are now extinct except from questionable, high $, sources :onfire: I haven’t found any LED’s of similar size/output to the CFL :frowning:

I am using LEDs in all fixtures, interior and exterior…

What can’t you find in a LED bulb?

-Bob

Unfortunately when we re-modeled a few years back fluorescent/CFL was the only energy efficient option.

If anyone can find a reasonably priced replacement for this Sylvania micro-mini CFL then I’m interested.

23 watts actual, 1600 lumens, 6500K, 4 3/8" overall height, 2" diameter. Just a regular curly CFL format, but tiny :slight_smile:

cfl.png

I just want to know what ya growin? :slight_smile:

I believe they are less on the market because of the mercury in them. Easily broke the small amount of mercury is available as dust, vapor, etc and is toxic. So … things are heading toward less toxic things in the landfill.

In our city, they replacing the mercury vapor bulbs with lEDs, which are brighter.

4.6 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches
Only 14 watt, 1600 lumens…
https://www.amazon.com/Great-Eagle-Equivalent-Dimmable-14-Watt/dp/B01C2K7XJQ

CFL’s were evil replacements for Incandescent bulbs… LEDs are the future :shocked!:

If you can’t find it today you probably will find it tomorrow :wink:

-Bob

Good find Bob :smiley: those are the smallest I’ve seen. If the color and price were right it would be a winner…

Funny how they told us the mercury wasn’t an issue when these things were forced on us :roll:

Not me [-X but there’s plenty around, just look for the mega solar installations :lol:

I’ve been pleased with the Costco LEDs – 8 pack for $43 - A18 form (4.5" tall, regular light bulb shape)

3000K Bright White
1600 Lumens
Actual Watts Used 15
Life Hours 15,000
Energy Star

Those look OK, I’ll take a look next time I’m in there, I don’t recall seeing any that small last time.