Data not appearing on PWS Weather from Weather Display

About 2 weeks ago I switched over both my VP2s from Virtual Weather Station to Weather Display. I setup PWS on both machines and I have not been successful in getting data to appear since I turned off Virtual Weather Station. Everything else like Weather Bug, Weather Underground, and my own website work fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi
just checked, and my PWS is working OK:
https://www.pwsweather.com/obs/AWHITU.html

the data is sent via the cronpws.exe program
and it has an event log:
sentpwsdata.txt

what shows in that file?

I have attached the file to this post.

sentpwsdata.txt (776 Bytes)

HI
everything looks OK
is the switch on in the PWS setup and times set to send , set?
does the site update when you click on test send?

Everything is set, I’ve verified my password and Station ID are correct. However, the PWS website does not update when I press Test a data send. Today for the first time two data packets at 12:48 PM and 12:50 PM showed up but has not updated since.

Hi
it is strange
if you copy the first line in the log file , and paste that into a web browser URL,and hit enter. what then shows ?

“Data Logged and posted in METAR mirror.”

humm
I see that here, if I do the same thing with the data that is in that log

not sure exactly what that means, normally you would expect an OK message
are you able to contact Joe , he is normally very helpfull :slight_smile:

The attached log appears to have a password. You may want to delete that.

not sure exactly what that means, normally you would expect an OK message are you able to contact Joe , he is normally very helpfull :)
I've been in contact with Joe for the past week and he doesn't seem to know the answer either.

I tested with pasting my data from my own sentpwsdata.txt file into a web browser and I actually do get that message back about data logged and posted in metar

I wonder if the issue then is the date and time in the data
is your windows time zone set correctly?

I wonder if the issue then is the date and time in the data is your windows time zone set correctly?
Are you talking in WD itself or Windows?

windows time zone :wink:
is Joe able to debug the data at his end?

Last email I received from him, he said it must be something with Weather Display. He thinks I don’t have everything switched on that should be.

is it sending the data at the times you have set?
(e.g check the modified file stamp on the sentpwsdata.txt file)

Joe and I found the problem. My password for PWS had special characters and Joe said it wont work with those so I changed it to alphanumeric and I’m sending data again. I appreciate your help!

that’s good you found the problem
(but was VWS able to send those special characters OK? , I might need to be sending the password as ansistring then maybe)

When I was trying to figure out why it was not working, I changed from a numbers only password I’ve used for the past 7 years to one that used special characters. I never tried using a different password while I was running VWS.