Sun/moon rise/set labels

Updated from modified S42 to full S45 yesterday and now the sun/moon labels are appearing and disappearing at random intervals.

Just after I collected this series of 3 screen snips in the space of 4 minutes the Sun Rise label appeared but I wasn’t quick enough!

Sun1.JPG

Sun2.JPG

Sun3.JPG

After reading this I just noticed mine are messed up too…Appears like a ‘double’ strike…

I restarted WD and it cleared up and is back to normal…Why it happened in the first place is anyone’s guess…
Modify message

Thanks, but I shut down WD every night and it’s still happening after restart today. . . I’ll try a quick restart now.

No, that didn’t work, labels still erratically AWOL!

the graph component decides auto if there is room to be able to put the label between the time stamps or not
(the vertical line is still shown, showing the time)
if you reduce the font size of the time for the graph, that should help

So why has it worked OK(-ish) up to now? It’s never “decided” to change this fast before.

And does it also “decide auto” whether to put the Moon rise/set labels above or below the time axis? When it puts them below, it conflicts with the times.

And there never has been a vertical line “showing the time” for the Moon rise/set. . . that’s why it’s so frustrating. If there were lines I think I could work it out without labels.

And, as you know, I run a 20% larger main screen so I cannot save e.g. font size changes without resetting the screen size (See last two posts at http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/494885). Then, when I set screen size up 20% from normal again, the scaling-up doesn’t always work with font sizes.

I have always had a vertical line going up to where the label is

have you tried setting the graph time label font smaller

I did upgrade the graphing component, so maybe its behaving slightly different than it was

Sorry, Brian, I was modifying my last post.

Never seen a vertical line for moon. See attached.

Moon.JPG

I tried setting the graph time label font smaller, but it didn’t help.

See attached snip for example of Moon Rise label below the axis and singular lack of any vertical line.

Moon3.JPG

before I updated the graphing component (to see if there was a fix for an issue with the missing times on the Mac version, which has not been fixed yet), the label would not show in the time part
but they must have changed something with the graphing component

The labels have occasionally appeared below the axis since I first used WD. . . that is, since 10.37R302!

Hi, my moon/sun rise are showing on the time line as well, see up load.

teal.

But you’ve got a vertical line for moon times! I’ve never seen one. . .

Still no labels. Any ideas yet, Brian?

I note your reply today to Matrix, who has the same problem.

Somewhere between S42 and S45 the labels start to randomly appear and disappear and it’s out of your control?

You told me “the label would not show in the time part”, so how can making the time font smaller help? I’ve already told you that doesn’t work.

Can we have our labels back, please? Above the axis, where there’s always room.

as I have already stated, its all done by the graphing component
and its out of my control
I did update the graphing component, as I needed, due to no time labels showing for the OSX version of WD, and that update has made a change in this behaviour

you could always use the older version build 42 if it really is that big of a problem for you

I can’t believe you said that!

Tempted to go back to S42 but:

a) I don’t know how. I’ve only used .zip updates since R302 and the FAQ seems to be a bit out of date; and

b) I would lose the WMR200 flat-lining modification you kindly provided. (But I might get my live data back at start-up? - see separate post.)

Decisions, decisions. . .

Went back from S47 to S42 for a day to check something else, which didn’t pan out, but it was nice to see the labels again!

the problem is with an update to the graphing component I use
it could be 6 months before the author of the component issues a fix , if at all

Sorry, I was just winding you up after your suggestion to go back to S42 - if only for a day! I’d already written the labels off, because you said it was beyond your control. Good to hear there may yet be a solution.

I have submitted a bug report to the author and a simple program to demonstrate (i.e repeatable) bug