Add Acurite soil - water sensors

Hi, I recently purchased a AcuRite 00275RM Outdoor temp and Humidity sensor as well as the add on soil temp sensor and also use Meteobridge to feed WD. I can see this if I query Meteobridge and this is what I see :

The first data is from a 5 in 1, the second which is TH5 is a 00609A1TXR temp humidity sensor, TH6 is the 00275RM Outdoor temp and Humidity sensor with the add on soil temp probe which is given the id of t11 and TH7 is another 00609A1TXR temp humidity sensor. My question is can this be added to WD so that it can be used? I have no problems adding the TH5 and TH6 and TH7 to WD but since the soil probe is given an id of t11 I don’t see a way to add it. Also, I have found that if I take the 2 00609A1TXR temp humidity sensors away and just have the 00275RM Outdoor temp and Humidity sensor on line it is given a TH5 id as well as T10 for the soil temp id so as more are added the soil temp is given a higher number from 10. Is this something that can be added?

Thanks, Steve

WD should be picking that up as VP soil temp 4

Hi Brian,
I took a look at vp soil temp 4 using view panel - Davis VP/Vue Extra sensor info and find soil temp 4 blank as well as no indication of it anywhere on the clientraw file. Am I missing it some where else? Ultimately, I would like to use that data in my web site templete which uses clientraw field #14 but doesn’t have to be as long as it’s available in the clientraw.txt file.

Thanks,
Steve

you can enable extra debug info
do that under setup , advanced/misc…log the raw data
then see what shows under view, debug info, for that sensor ID number

Hi Brian,
Here is what the debug info looks like :

whole raw

" temp="23.8" hum="30" dew="5.2" lowbat="0" /> < yes extra temp 6 11 yes extra hum 6 " temp="7.7" lowbat= *******soil temp 4 sensor found yes soil temp 4 " rate="0.0" total="0.0" delta="0.0" lowbat="0" /> < yes extra temp 5 13 yes extra hum 5 " temp="11.4" hum="83" dew="8.6" lowbat="0" /> <W yes outdoor temp yes outdoor hum " dir="113" gust="1.3" wind="1.1" chill="11.4" low yes dir yes gust yes wind

Not sure what I am seeing but it appears that it knows it’s there.

Steve

" temp="7.7" lowbat= *******soil temp 4 sensor found yes soil temp 4

it is picking it up OK

try putting the vpsoiltemp4 custom tag somewhere so you can see that data?

Ok, I was able to find it now and is working. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Is it possible to change the sensor from being number 4 to being the first one?

the problem is , there is already provision for VP soil temp 1

I do have in the setups where you can map different extra temp sensors to different ones (i.e like re number)
I cant remember off hand if you can do what you need (I think not). see under setup, advanced/misc, extra temp
why did you want to remap it?

Ok this shouldn’t be a problem that I can’t work out. I use Scotts alternate dashboard and it allows you to display the VP soil sensors but with the Acurite sensors as he has the dashboard written it won’t work. This won’t really be a problem as it can be modified to work. I was just looking for an easy way to use what was there. I did try the remap but was unable to get it working. The only other question I would have is how many of these sensors would I be able to use until WD won’t see them?

up to sensor 11 is the max that WD checks for

you should be able to modify the dashboard html code to use the custom tag for the VPsoiltemp4 I would think

I have been able to use VPsoiltemp4 and is working nicely. Thanks for the pointers.

Steve