croncwop.exe won't install with Build 44 & 45 (RESOLVED)

At first I was have Bitdefender issues with several cron file but after whitelisting them it was fine. But when I try an install an upgrade (full install) I get the message in jpg #1, this has happened in 44 & 45 but I don’t think it’s the version. Since it wouldn’t install I checked ignore and then tried to manually move the file to the wdisplay directory and I got the message in jpg #2 and I am the administrator. I’m baffled, any suggestions?

cwop1.PNG

cwops.PNG

that error simply means that program is still running and can not be replaced

That’s what I thought but the croncwop.exe file is not even in the wdisplay directory. Weird

check with task manager to see if its running in memory
or try a pc reboot (bigger hammer)

I took WD out of my Startup directory and did a reboot. I was then able to install with no issues. The problem is bitdefender, even though I have files whitelisted they were still flagged in Bitdefender and I had to recover them. After recovery when croncwop runs I’d get an I/O error 103. I have to get rid of Bitdefender on this PC. I used to just run Windows Defender, any suggestions? This PC just runs my weather program. Thanks.

that error is a file error of some sort
is WD installed to c:\wdisplay
?

Yes, WD is installed in the C:\wdisplay directory. The funny thing is every time I get the I/O 103 error another croncwop.exe is started. I’ve gone into Task Manager and have found a dozen croncwop running. Weird!

Microsoft’s AV (whatever it’s called for your OS) will be fine.

Thanks all. I removed Bitdefender, I’m using Microsoft Defender now. Everything is running great now, no I/O errors.

sometimes the antivirus program is the virus on your pc, lol