Delay in seeing changes in file on IIS server

I have a problem. When I try to make a change in any of the text files I have on my web server, such as to my glossary of terms, I have to save the change I just made about half a dozen times before I can see the change on my webpage. Is this caused by some sort of cache setting? How can I fix it so that I only have to save it once after making a change to a file and be able to see the change right away?

I’m running Windows Server 2012 (not R2) and IIS8 with PHP 7.1.3.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Dan

Google finds this answer which was apparently good for iis8 too.

Thanks Niko! How did you get so smart? I can’t believe you knew what I meant! :lol:

I’ve followed the directions but won’t be able to try it until tonight after I get home. Will report back here after I have a chance to see what this does for my website.

Dan

Most webhosts are now using some kind of caching to minimize bandwidth/server utilization. It’s great for sites with pictures of kittens but bad news for a live updating weather site.

You got that right. I followed the instructions in the link you posted above but that didn’t seem to do anything for me. Any changes I make still take upward of 20-40 seconds for each change. To boost this along, I’ve been restarting IIS using the IISRESET command. That seems to help it along and the changes I made are usually instantaneous.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Dan

Interesting :? If you have time to spare, next time you change a .php and it’s stale in your browser add a dummy parameter to the url and see if that gets you a fresh version. I mean if yourtest.php is stale try something like yourtest.php?stuff=99