Davis Pro2 Cabled - Console Temp reading

Hi

The external temp and humidity readings on my Davis console have disappeared (getting a dotted line). Can somebody help with troubleshooting and/or sensor replacement? I have checked the wired connection which is clean and dry.

Thanks

Peter

Is wind and direction OK

Now you mention it - no. I assumed a lack of wind :slight_smile: I am getting barometer (and rain) readings and internal temp/humidity.

I hav tracked down Davis 6930

Slightly more basic after doing a little more troubleshooting. My ISS is not sending data to the console (the console doesn’t recognise the station) and no noticeable flashing LED(?) on the Transmitter board… I have checked the data cable connections, depowered the console - any other ideas?

It is a 10 year old system - should I be looking at a new system rather than replacing the (I assume) the ISS Transmitter.

Peter

According to the manual for the cabled ISS “A green LED indicator light on the sensor interface flashes each time the ISS transmits a packet, which is about once every 2.5 seconds. If the LED remains dark, there is no power to the ISS.” (The wireless ISS needs a switch set to flash the LED.)

Do you have any way to check that there is power to the ISS before considering a new board?

I would hate to get a new board and find out it is the cable but probably approaching the limits of my technical ability :frowning: I could try putting a multimeter on the end of the ISS cable - anyone know which wire on the RJ11(?) is the power feed? Or if it is a standard cable could I buy a cheap off the shelf RJ11 cable (and take the console to the ISS to check it out)?

Any help appreciated.

Peter

Found the problem - hi tech - my 4 month border collie puppy has chewed through a wire on the console cable (at ground level in the undergrowth). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Peter

Aha! The famous K9 error :lol: Glad you found it :smiley: