acurite.exe vs. VIS reader from Valley Information Systems

I’m going to purchase the license for WD.
I have been using WD for a year now, and now that I have some extra money, I figure it is time to pay for it.
My question is: Should I just use the Acurite.exe that comes with WD, or should I use the VIS Reader from Valley Information Systems?
Valley is the one who wrote the driver for Acurite.
I noticed that everytime I have updated WD, VIS shows there is a newer version. And if I want any support, from VIS, they want yearly money for their licenses, and support.
Next question: Is WD SW tested, and supported, for the Acurite 06037 Console w/ 06014 5-in-1 Pro Weather Station?

I do realize this system is a cheap one, but it’s all I can afford right now.
Thanks in advance,
Chuck Fuller

Hi
its really up to if you want to use the latest version

Valley is the one who wrote the driver for Acurite.
that is not correct His code is based on the code that I originally provided him

re your next Q, as long as the vis reader works, then WD will use the data that it provides
(make sure to install VIS reader to where WD is installed, because for some un known reason, if its installed to where it wants to be installed, it will not make the data available to WD (not sure why he would make it behave that way)

wdisplay installs an old version of the VIS reader that does not validate with the VIS forum. I have installed the current VIS reader from Valley Information Systems and it works fine with wdisplay - except for:

wdisplay appears to be hardwired to start up it’s version of VIS. In order to run the newer version, I had to start that before starting wdisplay (as whichever version of VIS starts first wins). In order to automate startup, I have renamed “accurite.exe” the wdisplay directory to “accuritej-old.exe”. That seems to work well.

Hi
you just need to make sure the new version is installed where WD would expect to find it, i.e where WD is installed