New Cloud names

This is a very interesting article…

http://gizmodo.com/important-people-decided-it-was-time-for-some-new-cloud-1793563836

Sometimes it makes sense. Based on much study a doctoral candidate has re-classified the 1000 or so dinosaurs we have, based on strong anatomical study.

On the other hand, to have a bunch of social media happy folks think it is ‘cool’ for a cloud to have it’s own name, and seemingly for no other purposed, is not science as I perceive and study it.

And when it comes to names, I’d like to give a chunk of my mind to the advertising executive that thinks that storms, other than hurricanes, need names. Exceptionally dumb, of zero value and unless you are calling the wind Maria, stick it, OK? “Oh, look dear, there is a thunderhead that looks a lot like the one that we saw when the front moved through eight years ago, you know Rufus the Third Storm, right after Xavier The Disturbance dumped that hail on us. Surely you remember.”

At least that is the way I see it.

Still missing the Oryctolagus, looks like a bunny rabbit :lol:

Rows and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I’ve looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way

I’ve looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It’s cloud’s illusions I recall
I really don’t know clouds at all - Joni Mitchell

I wandered lonely as a cloud - William Wordsworth

Hey! You! Get off of my cloud - Mick Jagger

Hey! You! Get onto my cloud - Jeff Bezos

Earth

Not quite as spectacular as those photos but I had a look back at some of mine and found the two attached photos.
IMG_1203-1 was taken on the Isle of Lewis on July 2nd 2009
IMG_1433-1 was also taken on the Isle of Lewis on November 4th 2009. I think this is small Mammatus but it covered a large area.

IMG_1203-1.jpg

IMG_1433-01.jpg