JPEG error #54

I had a power cut which my UPS did not properly shut down the Windows 10 system. My WD ver 10.37S44 when restarted does not display any data. Error log shows a JPEG error #54 and nothing else. A previous thread offered a solution but I am unsure if it is relevant to this situation. Any ideas? System restore failed to initiate so no chance of going back to before power cut.

this can happen if an image file that WD is set to use is corrupted after the power cut, e.g
a web cam image or a sat image or similar
you could try as a test deleting all the jpg images in the WD webfiles folder

Deleting the jpg files removed the error code but still no data being received by WD. Error log is empty. No change when I revert to a previous version.

what weather station type?

Sorry Brian I thought I had put that in my original post. It is a La Crosse 2355

Thanks

check that you have the correct com port selected…windows might have changed it

The simple things are often the solution. Reset from 4 to 1. Now back on 4. Also had lost my selection of weather station type. The 2355 is no listed but I select 2310 2315 option. I will check my settings next time. Also need to trouble shoot my UPS.

thanks so much

Brian,

Further to my woe of altered settings it appears something is stopping me from accessing the unit setting box in control panel. I have been using metric and now it is imperial. I initially was able to reset the comport and select station type but everytime I select units the computer will not allow any activity. I get a tone and no mouse activity. It now does that every time I restart the program so no longer can access menu. Have to use task manager to shut down. Seems there is something in background stopping me. Any ideas?

if you had a back up of the wdisplay.ini settings file, and used that, from the databackup folder, then that would have had the correct com port and station type
not sure why but it sounds like WD is using alot of cpu when you are trying to do that
(check with windows task manager)

I reset the com port and added my station type and all seemed good. The units were iimperial however. When tried to access the unit folder on control panel it immediately goes behind the main window and I get the exclamation sound and no ability to do anything. I have to exit via task manager. I then relaized i should have tried an ini file from the backup which I did and that reset the units to metric and returned my custom size but still no way of opening the units section of control panel. Always puts control panel behind main window and I lose ability to access either until shutdown via task manager. See screen shot for task manager.

I just tested here, no problem getting to the units setup
I suspect that setup screen is opening off screen for you
delete the section

[last universal setup]
in the registry
(search for wdisplayftp.ini using windows regedit.exe and then find that settings and delete it)

Brian,

Thank you for your patience. That has fixed it. I have lost my screen size setting as a result but reset that and all great. Also must get a better backup system, so will investigate that.

do make sure that WD is set to do the auto back ups
under control panel, databackup

that setting should only have affected the units setup, and no other screen size settings
maybe you deleted more than you should have

That may be the case but I am all on track now so slightly wiser and moving on. Thanks again for fantastic support.