Soil temp in logfiles not updated AND Davis VP soils not poss to set to extraTem

Hi,

I’ve installed the following config:

• Davis VP 2 leaf/soil/wetness-station

Channels on leaf…-station:

Temp 1: -10cm soil-temp
Temp 2: act. no probe (will be installed in the next weeks)
Temp 3: +5 cm (grass) temp
Temp 4: act. no probe (will be installed in the next weeks)

Moist 1: -10-cm moisture
Moist 2: -20-cm moisture
Moist 3: no probe; will be left free
Moist 4: act. no probe (will be installed in the next weeks)

Set for Davis all neccessary setups. See Thread:
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/63714

Later I set also: “1st soil temp as extra temp 1” and also for “2nd” and “3rd” BUT this did’nt work:
Extra temp 1 - 9 shows the following values:
Channel #1: say “38,3” ??? don’t know what this is… it’s accurate SO in all my old logfiles - here should be the 1st soil-temp
Channel #2: say “255”
Channel #3: indoor-temp - here should be the 2nd soil-temp
Channel #4: say “-2,8” ??? don’t know what this is… it’s accurate SO in all my old logfiles
Channel #5 - 9: say “-100” - here in Chan. 5 should be the 3rd soil-temp

The extra temp channels will not show the soil temps, even it is setup.

Additional question: What is ment with “1st” and “2nd” soil temp. Is this the number of the channel on the leaf…-station? If so, what is with the 4th-Channel? Not selectable?

Even the extra temp-channel will not work I’ve wangle it, that soil and moist probes are shown in the extra graphs and with “custom tags” on the main screen. They are updated correctly.
BUT in the vantage-logfile the soil-temp is not updated. It shows a value from the installation day (15.03.2017) 7,2

I have a davis soil temp sensor and the data for that is updated OK in the 32017vantagelog.txt file (last value in that logfile)
you do not say which version of WD

Hi Brian,

Version 10.37s build 42. Did you change anything in this area?

What could be wrong?