Extra Environmental Parameters

I just joined CWOP. One of our local NWS staff was interested in my station because I also have a water temperature sensor in the river adjacent to my property. I currently use Cumulus software with an Arduino-based weather station. I currently route the river temperature to Cumulus as the “Indoor Temperature” since it has a ready-made gage on the main screen and I don’t currently have a connected indoor sensor. Can anyone provide some insight on how to include the river temperature with the uploaded packet to CWOP and make sure it is described accurately as river temperature rather than my indoor temperature.

Thanks.

Alan
KE7KCB

is this using cumulus you mean, or?

The Cumulus software has a built-in set up for reporting data to the CWOP server. I want to know if there is a way to include the river temperature data as part of that upload and if there is a mechanism for CWOP to use the river water temperature.

Alan

not sure why you are asking me for help with the cumulus software

It is not really a question about Cumulus, it is about how to upload custom parameters to the CWOP server. I’m just trying to help out a local NWS staffer who was interested in my real-time water temperature data and encouraged me to do this via CWOP. I have an email into the NOAA staffer that runs CWOP. Hopefully he can help.

Alan
KE7KCB