Anyway to start WD when Windows starts up without logging in?

As I understand WD does not run well/at all as a proper Windows service.
I run WD on a Windows 2012 R2 Server which hosts quite a lot of stuff and don’t really want to enable autologon, although I will if there is no other way to do it
Has anyone managed to make this work without logging in?

maybe check out the program firedeamon, which can set programs to run as a service
or maybe use windows task scheduler?

Actually my issue is not “how do you setup a service” etc because I know how to do those things, but more a question of whether WD will run ok in any of those situations.
By no means all apps are because (for example) they expect to interact with the desktop and that is not present when no one is logged in. Now I can try various things and see what happens, but if someone has already tried some of these setups (task scheduler whilst not logged in, run as a service etc) it would save me a lot of time.

others have used firedeamon OK to have WD started as service and WD runs OK as a service

it would not take you all that long to do a quick test I would have thought?

I am no trying to be lazy, however it is frequently not as simple as does it work or not, but WD has hundreds of features and it may be a specific feature will not work or a specific upload will fail etc. I was just hoping to get feedback from someone who has gone down this path before rather than me re-creating the wheel. On top of that someone else posted on another forum that they did not recommend running WD as a service but was not more specific.

Thanks anyway. I will do some testing.