Who is using Davis VP2 with Serial Logger on El Capitan (or Sierra)

If anyone is running a Davis VP2 with Serial logger and on El Capitan (or Sierra but preferably El Cap) OS can you reach out to me please - either here or PM.

I have a older model/Development Imac I’m using to test El Capitan and WD before I do the same to my newer model/production Imac (running Yosemite). I’ve installed all the proper drivesr that Tripplite gave me (Prolific 1.6.1) and verified installation. However, I cannot communicate with the Davis VP at all. Brian remote logged in and helped determine it was a driver issue.

I’m looking to see who else has the same setup and if they had issues - and if so what they did to resolve.

Ive been working on this for 2 months off and on and its driving me NUTS :slight_smile:

Thanks !!!

my suggestion would be to get a USB data logger to replace the serial data logger
(davis might even swap it for you)
as then you can use the proven to work with that silicon labs driver
there are not that many davis mac users trying to use a serial data logger I dont think

Brian you read my mind. I was thinking the same thing. Given that my station is 11 years old I doubt Davis will swap. They go for approx $100 US dollars. But if it will resolve this I think its worth it

I was chatting with another member offline. His works fine. Then I found out he was using a usb logger.

I’m still curious if anyone is running the serial version of this on El Cap.