VP2 Updater

Just been trying to update the firmware on my VP2 console with no luck.
It is fairly old and before the date when you can do it direct from your PC.

Davis has been giving some help but nothing they say works. The only way I see of doing it is with an updater.
Unfortunately they do not have one any more.

Just wondering if someone might have one laying around on a shelf collecting dust they no longer require, that I might be able to get a loan of.

My firmware version is 23 Nov 2004.

Q:
why do you want to update the firmware?
(one new thing that is good is the change where you do not need to hold the done button after powering up?)

The firmware has never been updated since I first bought the station. Main reason is I was kind of hoping it might improve the forecast accuracy.
It always seems to be saying ‘windy’ even when there has been only light wind all week.

With a console that old I wouldn’t try to update the firmware. I strongly doubt that the forecast would improve, through many years of VP and VP2 I haven’t found it to be much use although I know some users are happy with it. You could try the zambretti/sager forecast algorithm in WD (assuming it’s still there in the latest version).

yes its still there :wink:

Thanks for the replies. I am thinking it may be best to leave it alone.
Davis in Australia isn’t much help. They just say it should work but the ‘Help’ within the update says otherwise.

Here is a snippet from their help within the firmware update.

firmwareHelp.JPG