Moving back over to consolewd from PC

Hi all,
Had consoleWD years ago when it first came about, but i wimped out and went back over to PC.
I want to move my weatherdisplay back over to consolewd from my PC.

I noticed there isn’t a link for consolewd for me to download from.
Where can i grab the newest/best version from?
I have a pi/pi2 or pi3 free to pop WD on, so I’ll take whatever version is best, i see there is a 64bit version floating around somewhere?

thanks!

there are threads in the linux section here on where to download
pi3 version
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/consolewd64.tar.gz

Can we assume that those wonderful step-by-step instructions for loading ‘consolewd’ on the Raspberry Pi created in 2013 by Wim will also work for your new “consolewd64” for the Pi 3?
And where again can we contribute for your work on this ? I am certainly willing…given the popularity of the Pi.
Regards,
Greg

yes, they should work…worked for me… :wink:
I can’t remember the last time someone donated to the cause to be honest

Well, maestro - Still have not got the consolewd64 working on Rasp Pi 3. I am sure it is my error, given the excellent steps provided by wim. Moving too fast or something stupid, probably…

Notwithstanding that, but relatedly and as a lark to exercise your console64 version, I decided to try running consolewd64 on my main, full-up, Linux Mint machine. After first discovering I needed to make your bash script executable (which Linux Mint does not assume), using > chmod +x GoWdconsole.sh, I got this:

./consolewd: 1: ./consolewd: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting “)”)

any clue? config.txt file error? I know it is something simple.
cheers :?

PS - Sad that nothing seems to load as elegantly as that older Linux GUI WD Version. That is terrific.

consolewd64 is compiled for a different cpu (ARM) than your linux pc (i386 cpu) will be running, so it wont work (unless you use ARM emulation)

Brian - Dah. Of course. I think I knew that :oops: Sorry to bother you with the foolish question. My desperation to get WD working on any Linux platform is making me silly.
Have a lovely day.
Cheers,
g