Web hosts

So my site has been down for almost 2 days. I was on 1and1, but after a day and a half of an internal 500 error on their end I moved to godaddy. Now godaddy has a ftp issue that they cant seem to figure out and have no idea when the issue will be resolved.

So besides them 2 hosts, anyone have any recommendations on a good host?

Thanks

www.MDDHosting.com used by several forum members (and me until March 1st). Best service, and most responsive and helpful support I’ve experienced from a shared hosting co.

Thanks…I’ll check them out. It’s driving me nuts that my site has been down for this long.

MDD doesn’t have 24 hour sales… #-o

Not phone, but they have support by chat, I just was chatting to ask. Use the chat icon on pretty much any page like https://www.mddhosting.com/support/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2 (bottom right corner). I opened my account late at night on xmas day.

I did talk on the chat, but I have 2 different domain names from 2 different hosts and would rather talk on the phone with them about this. But they close before Im off work.

You can use subdomains (free with the account I had) for your extra websites, that’s what I did. My public site realweatherstation.com was set up as a subdomain, it wasn’t the domain for the account. A user would not know that, they would only see the realweatherstation.com domain name and linked pages. It was all set up in cpanel (by me).

In your FTP client you will see all the domains as different directories.

Maybe i’m being picky, but would rather talk to them on phone for the whole transfer process.

Sure, why not :slight_smile:

http://www.pair.com Not the cheapest but I’ve hosted sites with them for 15+ years. I can count on one hand the times there have been system wide outages.

Haha, just looked and I’ve been with them going on 20 years. I can remember when I first started they had 5 servers located in a small office. They now have two server farms with hard telling how many 1000s of servers.

I, too, have been using Pair for many years and am 100% satisfied. Even if a problem is of my making, their service is impeccable and rapid. I don’t think I’ve ever been ‘down’ for more than two hours. A great partner!