Vantage Vue problem

My vantage vue is giving me wind speed for a few seconds then goes back to 0 wind for a few seconds .This is continuous process goes on everyday .I get my graph and strongest wind speed …anyone know what could be wrong ? help :frowning:

possibly the cups are not seated correctly on the spindle (i.e too high up on the spindle)

We went up on the roof and took them off and put them back on again and it still does it …everything else seems to work except for the wind speed blocking out …not even a year old machine :frowning:

could possibly be then a cracked reed switch
which can be replaced, not easyily though
there was a utube video on how to do that or tutorial I remember seeing somewhere
Davis should be able to repair/replace if under warranty?

Thank-you so much for your reply :slight_smile:

Davis just sent me an email saying it looks like sat interference …they want me to change my transmitter id on weather station and on console …not sure how to do that ???

on the ISS (ie where the solar panel is), open that up, and there are some DIP switches
it could also be a ground loop problem

There is a black button on the underside of the Vue that you use to change the transmitter ID. IIRC, you push the button and hold until the LED flashes twice…then release the button, then depress the button in successive presses for the number you want to use for the ID. As an example, if you want to set the ID to 4 you would press the black button 4 times. I believe the LED will repeat the ID number back a few seconds after you finish, so verify it flashes 4 times. ID numbers can be any number between 1 and 6.

Then go to the console and drill down the menu’s until you get to the transmitter ID section and set it to listen to ID 4.

Be sure to read the Vue manual and verify the procedure.

Thanks it up on the roof so I don’t have to bring it in then …I will just go up and change the ID and then come in and change the console ID too :slight_smile: thanks again

ah, yes, the Vue is different to a VP (which is what I was describing)