Birds...

Well, I have had doves and pigeons sit on the shaft of the Davis, the only bit on the anny they can sit, I have cable ties on the vane, i also have them on the solar and uv but the little bas… Sat on the solar, I also have the on the shaft of the OS and on the vane and the little bas… Didn’t give a flying… and sat on the ties, I give up, I should take them off the OS so the leave the Davis alone…

I was going to say, try providing an alternative more attractive perch (bit of wood?) for them and see if they use that instead.

Hanging off the mast ya mean?

Yep, near your sensors, but as high as possible. You may just attract more of the buggers though! :lol:

Tis an idea though, make it big enough for just one, only Prob there is more weight on top :confused:

Buy an air rifle. . .

I have thought that, but knowing me, I would take the anny off. :lol: :lol:

Try putting a decoy owl near the mast.

teal.

Ha, they do not work, after a while they get used to them, folks had them at the caravan park and they still had pigeons sat on their vans lol

This reminds me of the garage we had when I was a kid. Dad got tired of sparrows nesting in the rafters and crapping on his car. So he obtained a stuffed dead real owl from a patient of his. The next day it was fine, no bird crap. the second day the owl was covered in the crap. Dad decided that he had a better chance of it by parking in the driveway.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now playing in Bashy’s back yard:

birds1.jpg

Thats not far off, they sit in the trees and shrubbery in my neighbours winking at me or giving me the ,i,
Turns out, some doves and pigeons are harder than others and sit on the cable ties, about 5" long mind…

Had to pull the mast down yesterday due to the anny causing a shadow on the solar sensor
So, whilst it was down i decided to remove the cable ties on the OS anny in the hope that
the budgies will use that and not the Davis anny, FAILED!!! the pigeon this morning sat on
the Davis anny that HAS ties on it and ignored the OS that doesn’t, i think its cause the Davis
is above just above the OS one :frowning:

Mmmmmmm, pigeon pie :smiley:

Not so sure I would have the heart to but if they break out then perhaps lol unreal that the left the OS alone…

Sorted now I think, post the mast higher and now guyed it, I also rearranged the annys and solar/uv, I have moved the OS anny above all others and now the budgies solely use the OS anny, result…

This could catch on - horizontal masts!

Stupid imagbam that does it for some reason lol

We no longer have a pigeon problem around here, a young bald eagle moved into the neighborhood and the pigeons moved out. Still have a large colony of love birds, but they don’t roost in the yard. They just fly over in groups as chip back and forth as they fly over. The eagle doesn’t seem to mess with them.

The eagle is across the street way up in some tall trees most of the time. A nice weather friend.