Newbie with some basic questions

First, sorry in advance for not looking hard enough to find the answers to these basic question.

I’m a recent new owner of a Davis vantage Pro2 + weather station. I have a WeatherLink IP interface on it and am sending data to Davis WeatherLink and from there to Weatherunderground. At first the connection from Davis weatherlink site to WUG kept dropping, but it’s been solid for the past couple of weeks.

I don’t currently have an interest in setting up a web page, I just want to be able to review my data locally. I have Weather-watch running on my computer at my house and it’s pulling data from the Davis console via the WeatherlinkIP interface.

Here are my questions about WeatherWatch;

1. I notice that if WeatherWatch is not running on my computer, I loose data, where the local Davis weatherLink software seems to utilize the WeatherLinkIP data logger and will pull down stored data (maybe a day or so storage). Is this normal.

2. I’m just looking for some single variable, charts. Example, I would just like to click a simple button, or link to see the last 24-hours temperature, or wind speed, or humidity, or rain, or UV index etc. I can’t seem to locate single variable charts. I can go View, Auto scale charts, but they seem to have more than one variable per chart (small chart) and I can’t find things like wind speed and direction.

I’m sure I have more questions, but this is a starting point.

Thanks in advance.

HI
when you refer to weather-watch, I think you are meaning weather display software
answer to Q 1, WD will need to be running all the time
in answer to Q2, if you go to view, advanced charts, you can customise those to plot what variable you want plotted, e.g the extra sensor/custom graph, and select what time period (select none from the drop downs of the sensors plots you do not want plotted)

@Brian - Why wouldn’t WD would get archive data from the Davis logger?

you would need to make sure the switch is on under control panel, data logger