Importing previous years to WD

I am in the process of importing years 2013-2016 from Weather Underground. How do I get that newly imported data from Weather Display to show in the Saratoga Templates on my website?

Do the log files automatically convert to data files. After download I have a log file for the month and corresponding *.ini files in the datafiles folder. Do I still need to convert these files?

What NOAA reports do I need to create and do I just upload those to my website after they are created? There are four choices on the Average/Extremes/Reports tab in WD!!

Also, when I set up WD and the Saratoga Templates I set the start date for 2017, which template files do I need to change back to 2013?

I have a response from over at the WXforum, that I need to create NOAA reports, but not which ones.

Using Weather Display version 10.3s42

Thanks,

John

what is the script looking for? (filename)?

Brian,

This is what is required for the script. It is working fine for the current year, but not previous years that I imported to WD

Detail/Summary/Season Scripts Readme -

These detail/summary/season scripts are designed as add-on pages for the PHP templates available from Saratoga Weather. These pages use the dailynoaareport*.htm and climatedataout*.html files created by Weather Display to display the output.

Requirements:

You need to be uploading the dailynoaareport*.htm and climatedataout*.html files to your website.
Need to know where the dailynoaareport*.htm and climatedataout*.html files are located (default normally would be in the web root)
PHP5 on your website.

I will see what other info I can find out. You can look at my website scannorthcounty.net under the history tabs.

Thanks,

John

you can recreate past years climate data reports
when you view a past year/month climate report under view, av/ext, climate, that file should get updated (at least the climatedataout.html will be, and you can rename that. eg add on the month and year)
for the noaa report, when you view a past year/month report under view, av/ext, noaa reports, you can click to create the dailynoaa report there…and then rename that (it might already create a date stamped one)
then upload those created files to your web site

Thanks Brian,

I will give the report building a try and check the files and rename if necessary.

John

there is also the recreate tab…which will recreate alot of those files from a log file, that you could try/use :wink:
(slower as that uses the logfile instead of the data file)