Davis modified rain tip does't work

Hi Brian, adding a modified rain tip when using Davis does not appear to be working, WD and Davis console are saying the same rain
amount, i have a modified tip of 0.087, rain on console is 1.8mm and WD rain saying 1.8mm, this should be saying 0.5mm i believe
cause thats what the OS WD is saying and its the exact same modified tip size… i did think it strange that i couldnt add the modified
tip to the main offset section, i had to do it from the universal setup page and then it shows on the main rain offset page…

EDIT: i have just unticked 0.2mm davis bucket in the station setup page, will see what happens now and edit in a bit

OK still the same issue as posted, unticking the 0.2mm didnt make any difference…

Just in case i wasnt clear i have added an image, you can see that the main offsets rain tip is greyed out when using Davis
Its fine using my OS on WD2, both are on build 37s b42

The problem i have now is that i have a modified bucket for my Davis and its been peeing down from good old Doris
and more to come today, i am having to edit rain totals to match the OS for now and eit the graphs, same cannot be
WOW, WU ans Aweakas, if its sommat that cannot be resolved any time if at all (dont know how the Davis coding works)
then i will need to try and remove the modification.

Untitled.png

I could be wrong by maybe you are the first person to be using a modified VP2 bucket with WD and are requiring a modified tip value, so that function has never been required until now?
The OS bucket has a resolution of 1mm so I can understand why people modify their bucket to get a better resolution, but 0.2mm for Davis is fine for just about everyoine so they don’t need to modify anything??

I have always had my buckets at 0.1mm, I prefer to record the slightest of rain, I just thought that the tip modification worked as a standard for all stations

Hi Brian, is this something I am doing wrong?

have you increased the collection area of your davis rain gauge though?

Yeah, to 250mm diameter, same as the OS bucket mod, just that the rain tip as shown in the image
on the 2nd post is grayed out in the offsets section so cannot add it there, can added in the
universal setup and then it shows in the offsets section but still greyed out. Also it made no
difference to the tip, my rain total went up 4 fold, e.g. 4mm and the OS 0.1m that sort of thing

Both the davis and the OS have a 250mm funnel added, new OS tip works fine, but not for davis

its greyed out because its not actually available to Davis users
as Martyn has pointed out, no one until now has needed it
the fact you were able to find a setup where you could enter it does not make it work

Best remove the funnel then, thanks, please can you let me know if you ever do add it in the future, thanks

Is this a hardware or software issue?

Make sure the rain collector is both plumb and level. Unless you fiddled with the calibration screw on the connector or it appears to have been moved, I would go with the plumb and level.

Next in the software you use, be sure that your offsets are back to default.

This using a modified bucket to 250mm, not standard, i would have liked it to tip at 0.1mm like my OS to use it as a comparison