High CPU usage on a standalone PC!

Have a standalone PC running WD (nothing else is running) and the CPU usage is close on 100%.
“All those ftp exe’s running wont be doing any favors to usage” was the reply got from a question that asked on a PC help page.
Why are they all running?
Is this causing the problem?
Thanks

Screen dump of CPU

IMG_8381.JPG

You shouldn’t have that many running. Shut down WD and then force quit all of the ftp’s.

Thanks and updated to 10.37S42 and the problem appears fixed although CPU still running above 60%.
What do you think caused all those ftps to start running?

which version were you using that caused that?

Downloaded and installed the latest version yesterday and still having problems.
Why have I got multiple instances of ftpupd.exe running?
There is obviously something very wrong with my WD or PC!
Thanks

did you use the full install or .zip update?
(the more information you can provide the better)

Hi Brian and it was a full install - not a zip
I did have to skip something (think it said not advised)
Should I delete and back to a previous v - think about Oct 2016.
Thanks
Cheers
Jim

Just rebooted and only 1 ftp running but within 3 min there were 4 of them!

if you could .zip and email me your settings files, then I will check on things
you would need to exit all those running ftp program before running the full install to the ftp program replaced

Sorry which folder has the settings?

We have a FAQ for that http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/12684

Hi
can you post a screen shot of your customise internet and file creation setup in WD?

when I load your settings, there is no FTP server settings set?

I have had this in the past, but only on a very slow internet and the FTP program cannot keep up, then its time for a new one
to start, then its a vicious circle, the connection slows even more and even more ftp’s start up and so on.

You issue could be totally different, but i should note the above was nothing to do with WD, it was a slow connection due to a
bad wifi.

All appears to be back to normal. Note I have not changed any file settings for years!
Thanks

since you do not have any FTP server set,then if you are only wanting to create the files but not FTP upload then
then turn off the switch for each file in the upload times (you have those set on)
do you run your own server?