Main Screen Wind Dial Scaling

Brian,

Question only. I thought when the wind got over a certain speed, the main screen wind dial would auto scale from 25 MPH to 50MPH and stay there until then midnight change. Mine is on 25, gust marker is at 25, but gusts today were over 30MPH. Is this by design and I was just misunderstanding the way it worked? My wind setting is at 0 for auto adjust.

Windows 10 WD 10.37S42

Thanks

Craig

And yes, that is 61F glorious degrees here on the south shore of Lake Ontario!! :smiley:

Given no reaction to this question, I am assuming that the behavior is by design. Is it possible to add a tick box, so that if autoscaling the dial is selected and the box is ticked, that the auto scale setting is retained to the midnight reset and then goes back to default? I would like to look at the dial, see it has auto scaled and what the max gust was during the day all on the same dial.

I am having knee replacement surgery tomorrow, so I will not get back to this thread for a few days.

Thanks

Craig

I would say that it depends if it’s set up for gust last hour or gust for today, go to setup, then advanced, then choose the wind and rain tab and it’s there on the left…

Gust last hour is unchecked.

Ah, ok soz, I don’t know…

it should auto scale and it should stay
not sure why that did not happen for you
keep an eye on it for next time

Doesn’t seem to be working here either…build 42 under Win10…

Had a chance to watch the dial…I saw it change scale about 2 minutes after the 34 mph gust. The dial reverted back within about 5 or 6 minutes.

So it does auto-scale, it just doesn’t stay…

Yep…

I am back!! Surgery was easy compared to the Physical Therapy.

Mine exhibits this exact behavior. Scale changes for 25 to 50 for a few minutes and then goes back to 25.

Craig

in checking the code, I had done this on purpose for when the windspeed dropped alot
so as to not have a large scale that was not needed
( and I think from memory I added this because someone wanted it to behave that way…I cant please everyone…I could make it so that that is an option, this behaviour)

Brian,

Understand your dilemma. I would vote for a checkbox option. Don’t think anyone can complain about that.

Thank you

Craig

Agree. Having a dial with the gust pointer stuck on 25 isn’t much use…having the option to allow it to show the actual daily high gust would be great.

its not stuck on 25 though
if the wind is sustainable above 13mph average then it will not reset back to 25
it only reset back to 25 if the windspeed drops down to 13mph or so

added to latest .zip update
setup, misc, wind

Brian -

Have downloaded and installed the update and configured. Now I just need a little wind to test.

As always, thank you

Craig

Brian - seems to be working as expected. Wind dial scaled from 25 MPH to 36MPH and is holding there. This afternoon will be a good test as we are expecting 45 MPH winds gusting to 60MPH

Will touch base later this afternoon.

Thank you

Craig

just to note it would have held there too before…unless your average dropped down
and then it would scale back up when your speed exceeded the scale again

Hi, I noticed that the maximum gust Although the show on the taskbar uk but will not appear on the website.
I enclose two images.
wd-1 shows the panel after sending the web.
wd-2 shows the panel on a PC.

WD-2.png

Brian - sorry to be so long in responding. After my last post we hard 100+kph winds whit higher gusts, and lost power for the following 5 day. All is good now.

Works as you said it would and thank you for your help, once again.

Craig