can not get basic page to show on web site

I used the web site wizard to set up a test web site. I am using godaddy and after logging in to cpanel i see that all my files are showing up in public html but i called support and he says i need a .html or .php to get it to show. i set up my web page configuration just like the one i am using on my main web page. I have use .html instead of hml checked and php extension checked. I am not sure what else to look at. Any ideas? All help appreciated.

How about posting the URL of your site so someone can take a look?

Well got the site showing but it is not updating, it shows info from 2010. On the web set up file number 1 i can click on view web site and it shows the current info on test page. The url is victoriatexasweather.com

The summary gif is current so it is updating.

In WD, Control Panel, Web Files/Web Page, Web Files Setup #1 - what do you have in the Weather Station File Name box?

maybe you have ticked to use .html instead of .htm
if you do then you need to delete the index.htm file on your web site

ok i have default in the name and yes i do have .html checked.

So your page is here http://victoriatexasweather.com/default.html

Change default to index to have it show as http://victoriatexasweather.com

ok changed to index and the htm file was deleted already. So back to square one lol.

Just some info if i go to update times and hit upload all the box of info on the top of the page updates but the main info does not.

what shows in the ftplogfull.txt file (for auto upload)

Not sure how to find that file, will look around. Just a little more info, just noticed on the page that all the info from the high/low down to the moon info is current. All info above is not updating. Off to look for that file.

Could not find that file, wish i knew more about this stuff. I did see that yowindow.xml is being uploaded ok. On my site the only files showing current updates is yowindow and the clientraw files, everything else is stagnant.

I went to view ftp log and show files to upload only shows one that is yowindow.

make sure you have ticked to log the ftp, in the connections setup in the ftp/internet setup

Yes it is ticked, the only file uploading is the .xml file of yowindow no html files. I have use the html ticked.

if you could post some screen shots of your ftp settings
and or .zip and email me your settings files