Rain Gauge up a pole, do you get false readings

Hi

I see a number of stations now come with the rain gauge as part as a compete assembly, if this is up a pole were it needs to be for the anemometer to function does the tipping not get upset by all the buffeting.

I live high up and my current pole really wobbles around at high winds. I am looking at the WMR300

The WMR300 anemometer is not integrated with the rain gauge. The marketing pics show it mounted that way but if you FF to 4:00 in this video you can see it has a separate plastic base molding and U bolt mount (same as the Davis Vantage Pro/2). I don’t know how long the cable is, I think the VP cable is 40 feet and since this station is a clone of the Davis it’s likely to be similar.

Not to be interpreted in any way as a recommendation of the OS station, just setting the record straight :slight_smile:

I am sure i read that the 300 has 10m cable, thats what the Weather Shop say is included.

May want to hold off though, it may become obsolete soon, limited on the sensors available (only extra temp and ya wont get that in a jar :lol: ) and
it does not look like they are doing the UV and Solar for it any more,

Thanks for the feedback