Webcam producing blue screen

After updating WD with Build 42 and the newest WDwebcamcapture, the picture is a blue screen. Can I make the new WDwebcamcapure.exe work?

I’m running WD on a Windows xp operating system. The camera is a Logitech Webcam C210.

Maybe there is no advantage using the much larger new capture program with my old camera???

The version of wdwebcamcapture.exe that comes
With WD install has not changed
Did you download instead from the download files folder
A new version of the webcam program?
If so…when did you download that?

Hi Brian. On February 14th I downloaded the zip version from the WD download page. Unzipped the folder. Copied the files that showed a “date modified” later than my last WD update and pasted the files into the Wdisplay folder.

I’ll re-download the latest Weather Display zip file and re-past the wdwebcamcapture file right now. Maybe the file got corrupted in the process on the 14th.

Brian, I re-loaded the wdwebcamcapture file and it still produces a blue screen picture.

its not very clear which wdwebcamcapture version you are using and where you are downloading it from
it would be good if you could be more clear

there is this version
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdwebcamcapture.zip

:slight_smile: Thanks Brian. I downloaded and copied the file you suggested into the wdisplay folder and activated wdwebcamcapture.exe. The picture produced was blue again. I opened the wdwebcamcapture settings and went to the “capture Settings” tab. Although the “current video capture device and properties” said “Logitech Webcam C210” (the correct setting), I clicked on the list button and changed it to "ATI TV Wonder Contexant Capture). The picture remained blue. So I returned the “current video capture device and properties” to the correct settings AND THE PICTURE CAME ON!
IT’S FIXED 8O