New night cloud

Hi Niko, yeah, looks a bit greeny :slight_smile:

If you look at clear plastic edge on it’s very clear/colorless compared to glass*, think of that green edge you see on window glass.

*Except for very special glass (starfire), and acrylic/plexiglass/perspex that’s designed to mimic glass :roll:

Good to know, I still can’t believe glad can bend though

Yeah, it’s really tough stuff :slight_smile:

Yep, deffo glass lol the sticky stuff comes off with white spirit…

Dare I ask what the heck you are going to do with such a big one?

It’s only 7 inches, she said… :wink: :lol:

Ok, been a few nights testing, there seems to be just over
2C difference between overcast and clear sky, not as big a margin as the bag @ 3C+ but having said that, it’s not the same setup either, the container is a different plastic, it’s also about 3x the size, I think it could be the lamination of the glass though, it looks like it’s glass sandwiched between 2 sheets of some type of plastic, it works OK just that the margin is smaller, still trying to figure out if a bigger margin is better when working with 0.5C steps for setting???

If you have a lot of air space in the box that could make a difference.

Yeah that could do it but it’s prob about the same air (poss less) as the 1st prototype, 1st post,

Could you put styrofoam in there?

Is that different to polystyrene, cause thats what I am using…?

“expanded polystyrene” sorry…

Ha, I wouldn’t have a clue between the two

Solid white stuff, very light, used for packaging.

Oh, well, thats what im using then :lol: :lol:

So the big box is filled with that?

About half way, i had a block of it, i halfed it and then trimmed to fit, painted and then put it under a cooling grill
to dry the paint, suffice to say the grill hadnt cooled as much as i thought and it shrank it by about 10% ha ha ha ha :lol:

I would try to add more, leave the temp sensor in not too small cavity but surrounded by the stuff.

The sensor is cut into the styrene, a tiny channel, some more came today, when i get chance i will build it up
some, there is only about 1-2" gap as it is, will update once i have modified and tested again :slight_smile: