Webpage not uploading correctly

Hi folks, everything is working well with wd, but the webpage is not uploading/displaying correctly. The only way to upload correctly would be to do it manually. I also noticed that the only webpage that is uploading the correct time stamp is the crater lake template.

Please visit: http://www.bobsvp2wd.net

Thanks

Bob

try setting the station file name in WD to index
in the webfiles/web page setup
and tick to use .html there as well

OK fixed!! All it took is those five little letters (index) to fix both problems!! :slight_smile: Now I have lots of refining to do.

I’m finally back after quite some time of no WD. Unfortunately, I had to completely uninstall WD do to myself modifying/exploring WD
that led to a complete scramble of data, instability, and a main WD screenshot that was so hosed up that I spent hours trying to correct! And Just when I thought I fixed the problems, they all came back after restarting WD. :frowning:

All I can say is the support form this forum is top notch!! The WD program has more bells, and whistles than any other program out there!!
However, for me it’s a bit complex, and trying new things can lead to a disaster. #-o It’s working good now, so I think I’ll leave it alone!!

Thanks,

Bob

do make sure to back up the settings
(the auto daily back should be on by default)

Thanks Brian, data backup is set to on. All is working great with the Crater Lake style Web site template. However, I’m unable to retrieve the the averages/extreme month data in the jump box. However, when I set up the generic style web site ( by turning off the override toggle switch/un-tick crater lake style web site) I’m able to view this data.

The HTML script looks like this on the mywebpagetemplate:Select averages/extreme month
February 2017

Not to sure if something is missing??

http://www.bobsvp2wd.net

Thank,

Bob

I see that its trying to load
http://www.bobsvp2wd.net/February%202017.htm

it looks like you must be using the custom tag
%dropdownlist%
(you did not mention if you were )
if so, use the latest .zip update

Fixed Brian!! I only spent hours trying to figure out what was wrong!! I ended up comparing the standard HTML Webpage template script to the Crater Lake template (The standard uploaded and was viewable, the Crater Lake wasn’t).

Here is the HTML template that worked: :smiley:

Select averages/extreme month February 2017

Here is the HTML template that didn’t work: :x

Select averages/extreme month February 2017

Can anybody see the difference?? What a pain in the A$$ this was!!

Thanks,

Bob

The difference is the space in the file name

ding,ding,ding,
You win!!! :smiley:

a linux web server would have most likely dealt with (i.e it would have served the file name that best fits)
but a windows server would not

Ok Brian all is complete, including the website, and registeration. However, the only thing that is weird is the “setup” box in the WD taskbar is unselectable (not bold set). I restarted WD but to no avail.

Thanks,

Bob

I am not sure what you are meaning exactly

I think maybe you mean the setup menu along the top of the WD program
you have then set to disable that for some reason

you can un do that via creating a file called setupon.txt where you have WD installed and then restart WD

OK, you are correct Brian. I’ll create the file.

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks once again Brian that worked. All is complete!!

Thanks,

Bob