cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: Getting back to running a weather station  (Read 2392 times)

Offline niko

• syzygy
  • Global Moderator
  • Crystal Ball broken! Please post the URL.
  • Northern California, U.S.A.
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Chrome 56.0.2924.87
Re: Getting back to running a weather station
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2017, 09:40:10 PM »
Here ya go, it's #8 on the list :roll:

Who can tell me the secret of #15 "18atcskd2w"  :?

Offline niko

• syzygy
  • Global Moderator
  • Crystal Ball broken! Please post the URL.
  • Northern California, U.S.A.
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Chrome 56.0.2924.87
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2017, 09:48:20 PM »
You'll also find that the malware protection suppliers tend to drop support for obsolete OS versions eventually. Maybe not immediately after support ends, but I know that at least one AV vendor dropped support for W2K3 some time ago and that's only been obsolete for 18 months.

Checking today I was surprised to see that ESET is still providing new versions for W2K onwards.

Yes...I'm paranoid about cyber-security because it's a large part of my job...but if you'd seen/heard half of what I've seen/heard you'd be paranoid about it too!

I understand that you have whole different concerns from the owner of a wx server that's double NAT'd and never used to surf, but can I ask if you are not at all concerned about Win 10's spying telemetry and propensity for considering your PC to be an extension of Microsoft's network/cloud? Or maybe they give you corporate types more control than us regular folks?

Bashy

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2017, 05:53:37 AM »
Not to mention the access you "can" give to cortana for full usability, its quite shocking, many will not even think to look at the smaller print
phone messages is one of those :o

cumulus