A couple of Error 70 warnings......

Once on 31 January and once today I have had Error 70’s come up after months and months of clear runs. Unfortunately both occurred overnight, probably at my 0300 autorun forecasts so I couldn’t see what happened, and my subsequent 0700 autorun forecasts were fine on both days. I can confirm that only one copy of each program was running. I don’t shut down any programs between forecasts - they are open 24/7 - and no program shut itself down as a result of the errors. I’m not running your latest betas, Tom.

Looking at other Error 70 posts, could this be something to do with the fact that I’ve been running WXSIM, WXSIM-Lite, WXSIMATE and Autolearn for some considerable time? - I’m now up to 597 good forecasts shown in WXSIM-Lite.

EDIT - just noticed that today’s analysis run which was scheduled for 0611 did not complete until 0833. Most odd!

error 70 31-1-16.JPG

error 70 9-2-16.JPG

Hi,

I had this same problem with exactly same errors and asked Tom about this.
In my case it was my analyse run in action and taking too much time.
It was running while in same time first forecast run started. That give the error.
I changed time from analyse run to start one hour earlier and that resolved it.

But let Tom say something about it.

Brgds,
Oebel

Thanks for that, Oebel. The same thing happened again this morning and the analysis did not either run or complete its 0611 run and still shows yesterday’s date/time for that. I think you have identified the problem. I’ll run the analysis two hours earlier at 0411 and see what happens.

EDIT: Today’s 0611 run did not complete until 0825.

error 70 10-2-17.JPG

Oebel’s suggestion seems to have cured the problem. With the revised start time of 0411 the analysis this morning of 597 forecasts took 63 minutes to complete. It’s now clear that with the original start time of 0611 the analysis was not complete by the time my 0700 forecast run started at 0706 and this caused the Error 70 warning.