WU NOAA Radio Streaming

Has anyone else had issues with streaming the NOAA Radio broadcast to WU? I’ve been running for years with no issues and now the Edcast program is stating it can’t connect and tries every 10 seconds. Before I start messing with it wanted to see if anyone else is having issues or if something has changed at WU.
thanks
John

I think WU may have discontinued it. :? I get a “server not found” when I try to connect to mine. I’ve been running that for many years as well. Was thinking of trying to do it somehow locally but not sure how and also concerned about any security issues(?).

Several of us have filed trouble reports with WU, and received a response. I wrote

Gentlepersons,

The NOAA Radio feed at audioplayer.wunderground.com is no longer in DNS, so the server is not contactable.

The service became unavailable about 01/31/17 07:48:06PST.

All the feeds shown on Feature No Longer Available | Weather Underground are offline (despite what the page says).

I have submitted two messages on this via the Contact US form, with no response.

My stream is http://audioplayer.wunderground.com/KCASARATOGA/Saratoga.mp3 but my edcast service continues
to report ‘Failed to connect, retry in 60 seconds’.

If you are going to continue supporting NOAA Radio streams, I strongly suggest you fix the issues with the product.

and the response was

Hello,

We’re currently unable to provide the weather radio feed due to an unknown technical problem. We’re investigating and will restore if possible. However, with the ever-decreasing listenership, it might no longer be viable.

But I will push for its return.

Thank you,
William
Wunderground Support

So, it doesn’t look good. I’m now self-publishing my NOAA stream using BroadWave running on the Win10 WX system (with edcast). I’ve disabled edcast trying to connect to the audiostream.wunderground.com server, which still has no DNS entry. Likewise, audioplayer.wunderground.com has no DNS either.

Sigh.

I'm now self-publishing my NOAA stream using BroadWave running on the Win10 WX system (with edcast). I've disabled edcast trying to connect to the audiostream.wunderground.com server, which still has no DNS entry. Likewise, audioplayer.wunderground.com has no DNS either.

So does BroadWave replace edcast?

Not exactly… edcast will upload to a stream server (like icecast), but doesn’t offer a connection point to accept a stream request … it’s good for uploading only.
Broadwave has a built-in stream server so folks can connect (on port 88) to an MP3 stream directly.

You can run both at the same time an they’ll listen to the line-in input simultaneously and do their respective things with the resulting streams.

Thanks much for the info Ken.

Realize this is an old topic - new to this forum and reading through.

So, a group of enthusiasts have created noaaweatherradio.org given the demise of WU streams. The project has really grown and is operating really well. You may want to check it out if still interested in streaming your local NOAA radio. There is a great “how to” section on how to get started.

Thanks Otis for posting this. I just got my stream back up and running through noaaweatherradio.org

Great, glad you got it going. There is quite the group now streaming through that site.