Foscam and Amcrest problems

I spent 3.5 hrs yesterday trying to help a gent via Teamviewer with these cams.

Here is his issue in his own words:

"As above in my earlier posts, I had 4 Foscams (model nos. F18905W and F18906W) all performing well (to my eyes) on my wifi (Foscam IP Config tool) and showing IP addresses (Having superb color, clarity, and all of the video bells and whistles are not a requirement to me).

I began to read about the conflict between
Foscam and Amcrest and decided to change wi-fi cameras as I had had the Foscams running for 3-5 years and felt they were getting to the end of the life span.
So I bought an Amcrest 723 and installed it on their Amcrest ip config tool as a wifi cam. It looked plenty good to my eyes for streaming video. But I noticed when I added the Amcrest that I lost a Foscam IP wifi camerar from
my IP config tool. It lost wifi and just disappeared. I tried reinstalling it and it would not even show a video display after connecting power and the ethernet to my router. I have had no trouble in the past with restarting them and getting them on wi-fi.

I bought a second Amcrest 723 camera…and I lost a 2nd Foscam…it also disappeared from my Foscam IP tool IP address and would not reinstall.

Same thing for a 3rd Amcrest IP2M-842 camera. I lost Foscam F18905W camera no. 3. It would not reinstall…all of them gave a black screen when trying to reinstall them…no live video
feed, so no wifi set up."

I looked at everything I could think of. You can literally watch the Foscam IP Config tool, and see the one cam that works IP stay listed. But the cam I was working on, the IP would appear on the config tool for maybe a minute then disappear be gone for minute or two, then reappear. Rinse and repeat. I finally could log into this disappear act cam, and access the settings, but it won’t display a pic. He still has one of the Foscams that works, and I did notice that it had a much newer Firmware then the one I as I focusing my attention on. So as a last resort, I updated the firmware on the cam that wasn’t showing a picture. No joy. The camera I was focusing on was attached to the router via ethernet.
His computer is running Win10. Linksys E2000 router.

1-I checked fire wall settings for blocking IP’s
2-I looked his router for conflicting IP’s.
3-Turned off Wifi in the cam.
4-Used a network scan tool that finds all the IP’s, it found even the one Foscam that won’t connect at all. Or show in the IP config tool.
5-Ran malwarebytes, nothing.
6-Shut off his virus software.
7-Things I don’t remember right now.
8-Cleared the caches on Chrome, IE and Firefox.
9-Tried connecting with Chrome, IE and Firefox.
10-Rebooted said cam, reset to factory default said cam.
Nothing made a difference.

The gent is 76 yrs old, and I never did get a solid idea from him everything that he had done/tried. So there’s that.

Summary: All of his new Amcrest’s cams are working fine. Only one Foscam remains working fully.

Now in my research I did run across LOTS of folks having issue’s with Foscams.

Any ideas from the guru’s here?

I have both Foscam and Amcrest outdoor cams. My opinion is they are cheap junk. They work for awhile then quit. Foscam/Agasio had a parting of the ways and I was unable to get warranty support. I would stay away from these products.