Ad 10 min average wind direction into the clientraw.txt

Hi Brian.

Could you ad 10 min average wind direction into the clientraw.txt file in wd with N-S-W-E? will be same as for nr 158-----10 minute average windspeed (kts).
Or is 10 min average already there: nr 117------Average wind direction (degrees)
Same ide as in wd graph setup, see photo.

This is according to the Norwegian meteorologic institute, also for Europe, see under here:
Mapping of wind shows that the direction and strength can vary widely within a short time. Should we say something meaningful about the wind conditions, we need to use average values. Average wind speed and direction during the 10 minutes used when the air to be observed.
The same applies when wind conditions are described in a forecast. When a weather alert on strong breeze, it means that the wind will vary around an average value (12 m / s). It will occur gust significantly stronger than this value and periods of quieter wind conditions.
https://metlex.met.no/wiki/Vind

I will look at adding this later today

Greate news Brian, thanks :cheers:

Hi
sorry for delay
I have added this now
use this new update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

No prob Brian.

i see in the clientrawdescription txt file you moved Version of WD from nr 176 to 177 compare to old clientrawdescription file, shuldent it be oposit? see photo.
Coos alot of script/templates are using nr 176 for WD version.

Its like this now:
176 !0 minute average wind direction
177 Version of WD

Shuld be like this:
176 Version of WD
177 10 minute average wind direction

Clientrawdiscription.JPG

its always been the case that when new data is added in the version is moved though

Thats ok Brian, will install and let you now :wink:

Works perfectly Brian.
Will you ad tihis to WD main update files, not test?

See in action with:
158 10 minute average windspeed (kts)
176 10 minute average wind direction

https://www.ulsteinvikweather.com/pws/index.php?lang=en

but maybe I should keep the wd version where it is
as its not very often now data has been added to the clientraw data
otherwise will end up with a lot of posts saying I broke something again

You didn’t add them both at the end?

I did add to the end, but I shifted the version number, as that is always at the end
as that has the !! end marker as part of version

Oh, I see what you mean, yes, version etc. at the end is good. I misread that the speed field was also new @158, my mistake :oops:

Hi Brian.
Agree with this totally, But this is also important to, for comparing weather data “live” against officials Norwegian meteorologic institute, also used in Europe.
Should we say something meaningful about the wind conditions, we need to use average values.
Actually average 10 min direction should been added years ago to the clientraw.
So there has to be a way to get around this Brian, for saratoga and leuven template it should be quite easy to change if needed.

I have left it how I normally do it
so any scripts that look for the version will need to have that data position moved 1 long in build 42 or later

I agree this is the correct and right way Brian.
I just installed wd build 42 with the new nr 176 !0 minute average wind direction in the clientraw.
Will go thrue my saratoga, leuven and steelserie sites to see if any major catastrophe. :lol:

Nice if you also correct the discription in the new clientrawdescription.txt file, looks like :wink: this:
176 !0 minute average wind direction

Put in a 1 instead of ! think you pressed keyboard shift and one when you mad the change. :smiley:

#-o