WD compatibility

Does anyone know if WD runs on Win 98?

http://www.weather-display.com/features.php

I think we need Brian to confirm that’s still correct. Win98 is missing a lot of the features in the more recent OS’s.

Possibly could download the older version 81 may work better than the new??

Good idea.

Yes, but the problem is that unless I dont use the most recent version it wont make much sense, because for me it would only server the purpose of being able to see exactly what is/isnt available, how it works etc. I wont use it to upload my station data as such.

It was just a thought. I currently use stripped down version of Lubuntu, and from what Ive heard, WD for Linux isnt very reliable either. And my laptop should be fine with Win98 (dont laugh its true :D). I tried XP, but its unusable. It boots 5 minutes and does not even open Chrome.

Never mind :smiley:

That page has been updated at least after Win10 came out so I would think Win98 would have been dropped off at that time if it wouldn’t work,

The older build 81 will work
But I would say there Will be problems
With windows dll files with the latest version

Right, thanks, I mean I sort of understand Brian does not provide support for Win98, it was just a thought in case it would be more reliable than the Linux version

the problem is with the latest compiler version

re linux version:
the consolewd version I have seen reports of people running that non stop for over a year