Using Metar Rain Data In WD

I started to use some Metar data for my weather station. Had a question if rain data comes from the Metar that I’m using; KCCR in Concord,CA? I have WD setup to update my raindata gif to use on my web page but it appears that it isn’t being updated; does the gif just get updated when there is rain data?

Would use my own rain data but Bloomsky hasn’t updated the API yet for there storm data.

Thanks for your help

the problem is there is very little rain data available from a metar

Do metar’s usually provide rain data?

When there is rain data does the raindata gif get updated?

Thanks

they do provide cloud type and weather conditions in general
(so yes they could provide that it is raining at least?)

Brain-
Ok, the metar that I’m using for rain data; does in effect send rain data.

I have file #37 Raindata.gif setup to be created and uploaded along with the detail graph checked. If I manually upload the file everything works; but it isn’t uploading automatically. I checked and both of the switches are turned “on” and the create times and upload times are set.

Any idea?

so the main internet switch is on and the customise override swith is on?
and you have it setup in the bloomsky setup to use the data for WD data?
(WD will only be getting temp/hum data at this stage)
?

Yep the main internet switch is on

Customize override switch is on and file create and upload icons are green.

I have Bloomsky setup to use the data for WD. It is raining and I the display graph on the home screen shows rain.

I checked the FTP log and file #37 doesn’t get uploaded.

Thanks

i am just wondering if WD is not recognising that its getting live data
I will need to test here with my bloom sky

Ok. Thanks for looking into it for me. Let me know what you find out.

Well,Strange it is now uploading the gif and it is showing the latest rain fall for today. :o

It fixed itself!

setting the station type as stationless works here for creating and uploading a file (eg rain detail) when also set in the bloom sky setup to use the data for WD data

you might be interested in a new video creation feature for the bloom sky image

use this update

http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfies/weatherdisplaytest.zip

You sould see the new setup screen
see attached screen shot…under control panel, bloomsky

I do have ability to upload the normal web cam video to youtube…I can add option to upload this video…

Sounds neat! Will have to check it out in the next few days. Will you be able to upload it via FTP to add it to your Web page?

yes, you could use the general FTP to upload the movie.mp4 file created in the bloomsky folder

OK will check it out and let you know how it works. Thanks!

Brain-

Just downloaded the update. When I go to the movie “tab” click “enabled”. Then when I hit “Play Latest” the movie box flashes and then stays black. I checked the web portal for my Bloomsky and there is a movie from yesterday.

Thanks

WD creates a today movie …To current time…
Give it a little while to build some images

OK so that is how it works. I have it working and also added it to my site. Will check it little on and see how it works.

Question: with the time stamp and temp on the pictures is it taking it directly from the Bloomsky or WD itself? I have a off set temp set up

It’s from the bloomsky :wink:

Hi
good news
the storm data is now available in the API data
I will update WD now to be able to pick up that data :slight_smile: