nws-alerts.php broke - need help

I was on the phone late last night — or early this AM depending on how you want to look at it… and the tech made the following statement:
“You might have to actually code in the SERVER_NAME in the script you are running.” This is a bit confusing as I am not keenly aware what SERVER_NAME is looking for… www.k3jae.com, k3jae.com, literal path to the script?

My understanding then is that this would require me to edit both the Settings.php and/or the nws-alerts.php (at around line 550) with a literal path… I did try both but not sure I am following the proper convention when assigning a literal link to the variable SERVERNAME or SERVER_NAME.

He made mention that the servers were just upgraded to php5.5 yet I am able to install/run 5.6??

The error log is showing the following: [11-Jan-2017 17:21:16 America/Chicago] PHP Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_NAME in /root/personal/public_html/nws-alerts.php on line 551

My settings.php is as follows: $SITE[‘SERVERNAME’] = $_SERVER[‘SERVER_NAME’];
Line 551 of nws-alerts.php reads: : ‘.$_SERVER[‘SERVER_NAME’].’/ and the VAR is called again at Line 562: href=“http://‘.$_SERVER[‘SERVER_NAME’].’/”

The nws-alerts-config.php file is as follows:
$cacheFileDir = ‘./cache/’; // Default cache file directory
$icons_folder = ‘./alert-images’; // Folder that contains the icons. No slash on end
// File Names
$cacheFileName = ‘wxNWS-alertsMainData.php’; // Main data cache file name
$aboxFileName = ‘wxNWS-alertsBoxData.php’; // Alert box cache file name
$iconFileName = ‘wxNWS-alertsIconData.php’; // Big icons cache file
$alertURL = ‘wxNWS-Details.php.php’; // Web page file name for complete details
$summaryURL = ‘wxNWS-AlertSummaries.php’; // Web page for the alert summary

If I understand correctly… the cacheFileName should be written in subdirectory “public_html/cache/” correct? If this is a true statement then the script is not writing properly as it is writing into a cache directory at the very root of the site.

In response to your suggested answer: The technician made a small adjustment to the CRON as follows: */3 * * * * /usr/bin/php -e -f /root/personal/public_html/nws-alerts.php >> nws-alerts-status.txt 2>&1. The “>> nws-alerts-status.txt” is used to append, rather than overwrite the nws-alerts-status.txt for review purposes. I have not tried yet, adding 5.6 to the php but will do so in a few and will report back in a few minutes.

------ UPDATE ------
Changed the CRON to */3 * * * * /usr/bin/php5.6 -e -f /root/personal/public_html/nws-alerts.php >> nws-alerts-status.txt 2>&1 places the script in “JAILSHELL” meaning it broke.

nws-status.status.txt is as follows:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell: /usr/bin/php5.6: No such file or directory

I removed the 5.6 from the php command line and the CRON appears to complete properly…