Windows 10 Warning

Windows 10 on my laptop is now telling me that Firefox will drain my battery too fast and I need to switch to Edge. I know I can turn off the alert but why should I have to ? I thought they learned their lesson after the browser wars of the 90’s and the antitrust lawsuit. What next ??? If you have LibreOffice, Win10 will tell you that it is slowing down your computer and you need to buy and install MS Office ???

that’s a real hoot!

Been known about for sometime now and to me not really surprising however after the ‘browser wars’ thing I think M$ are pushing their luck.

Stuart

Edge isn’t very popular and MS does have their own study showing that (in defined conditions) edge has the lowest power consumption. I don’t see any problem with MS’s message, they are a minority player in the browser arena these days. Besides, isn’t that the kind of crap y’all signed up for by welcoming “free” Win 10 into your life?

one thing I don’t like about the newer windows version
is the file transfer progress thing
sometimes it takes windows longer to work out how long it will take to copy the file and update the info than the actual copy process

Something that gave me problems with W10 was that it was impossibly slow opening network shares if they had more than a few files. It was basically unusable, 15 mins or more to open a network share with +/- 200 files in file explorer, in W7 that’s virtually instant. Didn’t matter if the share was on W7 or W10 either :frowning:

another thing that annoys me about windows…is that after all these years, it still goes clunk on my DVD drive, checking that drive, like the good ol DOS or win 3.1 days would