going back to previous build

it will be an error in the wdisplay.ini settings file
look for
1 1
and remove that, in that settings file

Brian,

In the settings file I cannot find 1 1 anywhere. Using the find command, it only takes me to different places where 11 is part of a real number. The first bit of information in the ini file shows the time and date correct.

Bill

.zip and email me the file

Brian

I saw your comment about not having the laser setup for testing purposes and I’d love to send your one, but the cost of the hardware and shipping back and forth just doesn’t make it feasible to send my unit to you when the Winter season ends - wish I could. Yes, we know your are very busy and there is only a limited number of people using the laser system. Thanks for your time and efforts whenever you get time to look at it. I agree that working with the new versions is a much better solution, but having to edit all the snow data continuously when there is snowfall isn’t feasible either. B81 worked flawlessly during our blizzard this past week.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

I have also been renovating a farm house
that has taken up alot of time
(painting outside and inside and replacing some floor boards)
but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for that project now

@willper, I also need your wdisplayftp.reg file (zipped)…I did email you about that

@willpiper
use windows regedit.exe
search for wdisplayftp.ini
in the registry
find they key
[real time graph wind]

and delete that whole key (and its values)
and that should fix the start up error

Brian,

That did not work. When I ran WD build 81 it still did not connect with the console. However the program event log does not have any errors.

Bill

However the program event log does not have any errors.
that means that my fix for that error did work, so not sure why you are saying it did not work

as for not connecting with the console , then that is a separate issue to that error
what shows under view, debug info?

Brian,

Here is the debug text file.

Bill

debug.txt (3.99 KB)

its failing with the davis baro check
what is the barometer offset that you have set in WD?

Brian,

I have not set a barometer offset. The baro reading on the console and in WD are the same. It also shows the same on my website.

Bill

I had the same problem. I did the latest windoze update windows 7 pro and it changed my barometer setting very high. After resetting barometer to the right setting everything is OK

The baro reading on the console and in WD are the same.
in build 81? i.e does that mean its working, or? (its not very clear) maybe you have set to use altimeter barometer in the CWOP setup,,,unset that if you have

Zepppline,

Did the update and I noticed that WD opened the datalogger window but did not gather any information.

Brian,

Unchecking the altimeter/barometer settings fixed the datalogger issue. Everything is working now.

Thanks for all your help.

Bill

re the lazer snow depth
what I need to do is to spoof that I have one by altering the raw data like real snow would do
I will have more spare time once I finish renovating the farm house

I will need someone’s settings files and and a summary how the raw snow depth readings behave/alter in the real world sort of thing

Brian,

Let me know when you are ready to do this. We are expecting snow tonight. It was just supposed to rain, however now there is an 80% chance.

Bill

Brian

Do you want the .ini file? Thanks

MikeyM

I think this has been resolved? (re snow depth)

Brian

Yes, the snow depth issue appears to have been resolved. I probably won’t see any more snow here till next Fall/Winter.
Thanks again for your work on this!

:slight_smile:

Cheers

MikeyM

just a note
if you use the NOAA 5 day forecast in WD
you will need to update WD anyway, and set that up (NOAA API Point Forecast)