4C rise in 10 minutes

Hi folks

I awoke at 4am today, it was -3.8

Proof of the impact of wind direction and speed :slight_smile:

ha ha, yep, for sure :smiley:

oh, you can see the difference better on WU graph

Bashy,

Reason are simple. It was clear, right?
When it was calm did the air close to the ground cooled down while it was much warmer higher up. The wind then mixed the air. The cold spot can be really locally too.

This is seen a lot up here during winters.
Its a reason for why a comparisation to older measurements nor to nearbour stations do not really work and are about useless for getting accuracy of a station in all kind of wx-networks like WU etc.

Hi, yeah it was, I think it was at the time the cloud moved in too…

Hi, see my graphs for the same time span.

teal.

On my phone atm, am I right in saying this didn’t happen to you?

No it didn’t, see uploads.

teal.

You did but earlier, just after midnight I think it was, I checked your wu graph, it’s weird yours was at a different time though, the stations near me, I. E. Lakenheath, Brandon and the other in Weeting all saw the same effect at my time too

This is the other station in weeting

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=INORFOLK42

OK, a little baffled now, why was i the last to know

Teal, you are East of me
The rest are to the west of me
and here i am stuc… ok, will get my coat :roll:

Seriously though, why would it be like this???
You got hit 1st Teal, on or around midnight. brown on on top graph
the other 3 to the west of me started around 1:30am the rest on top graph
where as i, in the middle was later, a fraction before 4am Blue on top graph

PS check out your gust on WU Teal, its the same as wind speed, make sure Gust since last send (i think it is) aint ticked in WD WU setup

E9093.gif

Isn’t Teal north and just a tiny bit west of you ?

No, if ya looking at my about page, dont lol :lol: moved since and not got a clue what to write about this place :roll:

I am now in Weeting :wink:

:roll:

Hi, I’m about 16 miles east of you, “gust since last send” is not ticked, but “swap gust/av speed” is. My temperature went from -1.6c to +1.5c in about 2 hours, that’s a rise of 3.1c in 2 hours, not the 4c in 10 mins that you had.

teal.

Here a 10C rise in 10 minutes from Porvoo, Finland last night, 23:20 was it -21.7C and 23:30 was it -11.4C.
Screenshot/data: Finnish Met. Institute

porvoo.jpg

Must have been very localised, if the other Weeting station did see the same then i would have said it was the sensor playing up
Loos like Lakenheath saw very similar too…

Crikey, thats decent lol, you would certainly feel that happen if you was outside :o