I'm stuck in 2016

I just noticed today that my WeatherDisplay was stuck in last year. Date was 12/31/16. I rebooted my computer and the data logger came up and started doing it’s thing but it hangs at 12/31 23hrs and 54 mins, won’t go beyond that. I guess the significance of that is that the program reboots every night along about then. I’ve tried unplugging the Davis Weather station but it’s got battery backup so it doesn’t go off, not sure I want to do that. Right now nothing is happening, when I quit out of the data logger no data is being transmitted to the program. Not sure how to get this back up and running. I’m running an older version of Weather display because last time I tried to update the program all sorts of problems popped up because of radical changes so I’ve stayed with what was working. It has been working fine up till 23:54 on 12/31 :frowning: I will check to make sure all my particulars are correct in my signature, that will contain all my system information. Thanks, hope the new year is going better for you then it is for my weather system :slight_smile:

you could try editing the wdisplay.ini file
and the
[Davis download]
section
and change the time/date there

re the latest version:
what windows version?

After posting here I had the brilliant idea of using good old time machine and go back in time. I went back to 10:40 am on the 31st and replaced all the data files with that. Had to search for awhile to find where they were. Everything has been working for so long you tend to forget where everything is. Found it, relaunched weather display (Mac version 10.37S B17) and data logger got past the log jam and is now running. Of course no year reset, so I had to go in and change the totals. It rained all day here yesterday. No big deal to a lot of you guys but I’m in Phoenix AZ, was probably a quarter of our yearly rain. :slight_smile: Being only a day behind I was able to easily bring everything (Year, Month, Yesterday totals) up to date. So problem solved for now. Not sure what the hang was . . .

I missed that you are using the Mac version

re the errors with the new compiler version, I suspect it will be to with incompatibilities with colour settings you have set or similar

I forget what the problems were but it went from working to not working so I just stuck with what was working. I’m 2 OS’s behind because my house is heavily automated, if my computer crashes the house has fits. I tend to stay with one OS until I’m forced to update because the Automation program no longer runs on the OS I’m running. Updates tend to break things. I’m getting too old to deal with broken things so I don’t live on the bleeding edge anymore :slight_smile: On my windoze machine I ran XP till they ripped it from my bleeding hands and forced me to windoze 7 where I will stay till they rip that one away #-o