added Bloomsky support

Hi
I can add support for Bloomsky…worked out how to do it, using the API (you do need to get your key from when you click on the developer link, bottom left, when you sign in to your account (and so you would enter that into the bloomsky setup in WD)
i.e to get the temperature, humidity, and raw web cam image :slight_smile:
now that they have added windspeed, that data can be used too…so the bloomsky can be a source of data as a stand alone weather station
(but it only updates every 10 minutes?)
or you can just have it where the web cam image is used by WD…and the temperature…as say a custom tag…for interest…to add to WD
good idea?

I have it working :slight_smile:

bloomsky2.png

it is a good idea.
The second unit , The Storm, connects via an IP link. the API isn’t set up yet it seems. However, it has wind, rain and direction oh and uv.

have added support now for Bloomsky
to build 27 .zip update
:wink:

have added this same support to the Mac version now (was not easy)

I was unable to get the bloomsky to work with my test computer. It might have something to do with that it could be because it it still running under windows XP? Anyway here is the error in the window that it gave me
handshake[2]: 0x80090326

But I was able to get the bloomsky update to work with a computer running windows 10.

so it might just be that I have a computer that is just to darn old to run the bloomsky update. Or is my XP computer missing something?

it uses https
and so its likely that something was not compatible with XP for the hand shaking with the secure server
XP is very old now

in build 38 you can now set the station type as Bloomsky

Thank you for the info. That is what I thought also. I am going to have to break down and upgrade my wx computer away from windows XP. I just liked my LED signs and so far I can’t fig out how to get them to work with anything newer then XP. all well

thanks again

do you mean you cant find a driver for the Led sign?
in windows 10 you can set to use a different driver (e.g the one you have now)…it might still work

I don’t belive its problems with the drivers. The WD that is on the windows 10 system don’t seem to want to start the cronledsign.exe program. I have tried a reset and a reinstall but no luck. I can’t tell if windows is blocking something or what
Any thoughts on it?

if you manually run that, does it work?

no it still don’t run. makes me think that it might be more then just that program not running