Current weather icon incorrect

Using build 280 and the current weather icon is not correct. It shows mostly cloudy when it should be showing rain. I have set to use data from metar to update current conditions. Text is ok, but not the icon. Manually inputting the icon works ok.

Brian, not sure if it is related to using that test file you provided me. If so it may not be affecting others using the posted 280 release.

try maybe using the normal full install (which has that fix)
so as you get the updated cron programs, etc

but I see its the icon on your web site that is not correct…the icon in WD is?

what web site script?

Yes, the WD icon is correct but the output to the web site is not. I am using the Saratoga USA templates. I have not made any changes to the templates, the only thing changed is using build 280. I’ll download the full version, will let you know if the problem continues.

the only thing changed is using build 280
yes but the version you were using was very old so there will be bound to be some changes

does the template get the icon data from the clientraw file or the testtags?

Yes I have been using the older version build 24 for quite a while now and it has worked rather well, a testament to your work :wink:.

From what I can tell the modified dashboard that I use with the Saratoga templates uses the testtags datas to populate the current conditions icon. I believe it may be this tag that does that - $weatherreport = ‘clear’; // current weather conditions from selected METAR

I haven’t noticed any other concerns regarding the icon, only when it was raining. I have not yet downloaded the full build 280 install, hope to do that in the morning.

Thanks,
Paul

Downloaded full install build 280, and I seem too be having trouble getting the Metar to download. In an attempt to test the icon when it is raining I selected the Metar KIND.TXT where it was raining (Indianapolis, IN), then I selected Test, then OK. I did not receive data from the Metar. I went back to my local Metar and repeated that process, and no update showed. I then went back to the KIND Metar and manually ran cronmetar It appeared to work yet there was no KIND.met or KINDlog.met file created and there was no update received in the file directory nor was there an update displayed on WD. Is anyone else experiencing this with the last release of build 280?

I just tested here and it was downloaded OK
KIND.met
to
the wdisplay folder in /users/[yourusername]/Documents

the issue could be a permission problem
you could try selecting the metar download directory
e.g to a metar folder in the wdisplay folder

Why all of a sudden would things change, so frustrating. And not only has the metar stopped working properly but so has the cronftpreal2. I do not understand why upgrading to the latest version has caused me all this grief. It must be something specific to my setup or my mac as no one else seems to be having similar issues. Should have left well enough alone. Don’t misunderstand me Brian, I am grateful for what you do but this is truly discouraging.

Thanks for working with me, I’ll get back to troubleshooting as I get time next weekend.

the cron programs used to do the downloads have been updated from the very old version you were using
although having said that, the cronmetar program has not been updated for a couple of years (check the file modified date)

I am not sure if anyone else actually uses the cronftpreal2
I have not tested that for a while
when I get a chance I will look at testing that
but what shows in a terminal window when you run that

with a negative post like this, which at xmas time of the year is not what I want or expect to see, you are best to go back to the version you were using

As I said, do not misunderstand me. My frustration and discouragement is not directed to you. I am sure that in my efforts to fix the meter/icon issue I was having that I messed up the .ini files.

you are best to go back to the version you were using
And thus my frustration as now even that does not work, again I'm sure as a result of my efforts.

cronftpreal

Last login: Tue Dec 27 05:19:21 on ttys000
/Applications/WeatherD.app/Contents/Resources/cronftpreal ; exit;
PJL-2:~ ploiacono$ /Applications/WeatherD.app/Contents/Resources/cronftpreal ; exit;
program execute location /Applications/WeatherD.app/Contents/Resources/
location of ini files via location.txt /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/
Client raw FTP Upload 05:42:06 27-12-16
FTP real vers 3.8
custom flag 
client raw location from ini file  /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles/
clientraw name =clientraw
Not Using file rename
Port to use 21
Passive mode on 
1 5
2 5
3 5
4 5
5 5
6 5
logging on to 
Result 
uploaded /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles//clientraw.txt failed
Result 
uploaded /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles//clientrawextra.txt failed
uploaded /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles//clientrawdaily.txt failed

cronftpreal2:

Last login: Tue Dec 27 05:42:06 on ttys000
/Applications/WeatherD.app/Contents/Resources/cronftpreal2 ; exit;
PJL-2:~ ploiacono$ /Applications/WeatherD.app/Contents/Resources/cronftpreal2 ; exit;
program execute location /Applications/WeatherD.app/Contents/Resources/
Client raw FTP Upload 05:44:06 27-12-16
FTP real vers 3.3
custom flag 
client raw location from ini file  /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles/
clientraw name =clientraw
Not Using file rename
Port to use 21
Passive mode on 
1 5
2 5
3 5
4 5
5 5
6 5
logging on to 
Result 
uploaded /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles//clientraw.txt failed
Result 
uploaded /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles//clientrawextra.txt failed
uploaded /Users/ploiacono/Documents/wdisplay/webfiles//clientrawdaily.txt failed
1 5

Note the double// ahead of clientraw. I saw that and attempted to fix by reselecting the directories where asked in the control panels. I’ll keep trying as I get the time, thanks of all you do.
Paul

Hi Brian. It looks like that my attempts to ‘fix’ things corrupted the .INI files. I dumped them and the wdisplay.app and started out with a fresh download of build 280. After going through the setup panels and restarting the fresh install of WD all appears to be working again, including the cronftpreal2 and the metar download. I have some more setup to do with the extraneous features but at least Weather Display is working as you intend it to. Thanks again for working with me, I do appreciate your willingness and time to help out myself and others who reach out for assistance.

Thanks,
Paul

there has been a few reports of corruptions with the ini file
the FTP now uses a separate ini file just for that, to help reduce the chances of corruption
maybe that file had not been updated

the cronftpreal uses that new settings file (wdisplayftpreal.ini) since March this year
but cronftpreal2 does not…I can update that to use that new separate ini file

Sounds good, thanks.

try a new WD Mac update
but back up the cronftpreal2 you have now in case the one does not work

Ok, I’ll try the cronftpreal2. Getting back to the initial post, it is raining today and I am not getting the correct icon updating on my web page. I have a few screenshots to share, one shows the Metar image, Summary image and WD main screen icon. I have selected to update WD with data from the Metar. For reference I have not made any changes to the web site templates since upgrading to the current build.

One other observation. If I manually select the Main Screen Icon via Input Daily Weather then it works fine.

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 3.45.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 3.45.36 PM.png

here is the downloaded meter info

i would need your settings files and the metar file when the problem is occuring

I have sent the files to you. Thanks for taking a look at it.

Oh, and I should tell you that the cronftpreal2 has been working fine for several hours now :). Thanks!

try build 281
should fix this problem