FTP 1&1 Meteo

I need some help. I just transferred my domain to 1&1. I tried to adjust my ftp setup in WD and totally screwed it all up and even though I have the ftp address and username/password there and port 22 (as per 1&1) I keep getting host not found. If anyone could please share some screenshots of their setup so I can upload my clientraw to my update folder I would be forever grateful.

Jeff

www.linyweather.net

what have you set as the FTP server name?

I have it set as ftp.home658576397.1and1-data.host

I have sftp box checked and port 22.

I get 11001 host not found as the error.

Something is obviously set wrong but I don’t know where to start. I tried to attach pics but they are too large.

Hi
I do not think that is the correct FTP server name?
have they provided what it should be?

Jeff, have you create a secure FTP account on 1&1?

Presuming that you have not yet created the required account and directory, I will go through all the steps…

You must first select the contract you have with 1&1 (such as ‘1&1 Home Package’).

If you have not already created a domain destination (or a directory/sub-directory where Weather Display will upload its data files, the ones required to display/produce your website) then, follow step #1. If you already have created a domain destination, then follow step #2.

Note: A domain name is something such as, for example, ‘tzweather.org’ (one of my registered domain names).

Note: The domain name is what you will used to upload the data files produced by Weather Display.

Step #1: Once the contract has been selected, on the left side of the screen, you must select the ‘Domains’ option. Once on the ‘My Domains’ screen, you must select the ‘Manage domains’ option. The new ‘Manage your domains and SSL certificates’ screen should display the domain you have registered with 1&1 or the domain you are redirecting to 1&1. Click on the down arrow on the right side of the screen to open additional options. Select the ‘Edit Destination’ option. On the newly opened ‘Domain Destination’ screen, under the ‘Webspace’ header you must create a sub-directory (use a name that means something, such as, for example ‘weather’).

Step #2: Once the contract has been selected, on the left side of the screen, you must select ‘Secure FTP Account’. In the ‘Manage secure FTP accounts’ screen, you must create a master account (user name such as ‘u12345678’) with a strong password and direct that account to the root directory of your shared server (such as ‘/.’).

Note: The user name of the master (or root) account will automatically be created by 1&1 - you do not have a choice for that name.

Still in the ‘Manage secure FTP accounts’ screen, you should now create an account where Weather Display will upload its data. This time, you can choose the name of that account (or part of the name) (use a name that means something, such as ‘u12345678-weather’), again, use a strong password. This time, you will direct that account to the already created sub-directory on your shared server (such as ‘weather’). The complete path to the directory where Weather Display will upload its data files should look something like this:

'/kunden/homepages/12/a123456789/htdocs/weather'

Note: Although the ‘weather’ directory is a sub-directory of the root directory, by selecting the ‘weather’ directory as the domain destination, the ‘weather’ directory becomes the root directory for Weather Display.

Now, to upload the data files produced by Weather Display. Using the setting describe above, you need to enter the following information in the ‘Connections’ tab of the ‘FTP/Internet Setup’ window of Weather Display (Control Panel → FTP & Connections METAR/NOAA → Connections):

FTP Host/Server: domain_name.com (such as, for example, ‘tzweather.org’)
Remote Directory (on the FTP site): /
FTP Username: u12345678-weather
FTP Password: strong_password_you_have_chosen

Should you have any questions (and I am sure you probably have many), just ask…