Gfs data 24 hours old

Hello,
I have this problem at every run, seems that Gfs is old. I’ve tried both source in wxsim but with no results. Any idea? Thanks in advance

Hello,
I use Bohler data with automatic runs every 3 hours and am not having a problem. Since no one else has reported a problem, I would suspect a cache problem. Clear it and let us know if that helps.
George

Hi,

I have same problem for I think last 2 or 3 days.
Tried both, Bohler and McMahon but no luck.
Running also every 3 hours a forecast.

What is wrong?

Brgds,
Oebel

gfs.jpg

How can i delete the cache?

It is not a cache problem. Has nothing to do with the WWW.
After every forecast run I got this problem.
After every run of wxsimlite, wxsimate and then wxsim the error occurs.

I hope Tom has an answer.

Brgds,
Oebel

Tom,

I tried to run wxsimlite manually.
It won`t start. Get only runtime error 62.

Searched for corrupt gfsdat0… files but don`t see them. All are 5kB

I think this is the problem?
Hope you can help.

brgds,
Oebel

It’s not a general issue as I use McMahon data in WXSimate and it’s fine, just downloaded it and checked. WXSim-Lite uses Bohler only and the latest data downloaded OK with no errors.

Stuart

No, it is not a general issue.
In my case I remembered I had a pc crash on 30-11 because of a problem with WD.
I had to use windows 10 recovery to resolve it.
After that this problem occured, I remember now.
So, I replaced a full backup of WXSIM from 29-11.
It looks like my problem is resolved.
7 pm run ws fine. I keep my fingers crossed for 10 pm run.
So, after a windows recovery action this problem can occur.

Don`t know why. Mailed Tom about this.

Sorry asyscom1, it don`t resolve your problem I think?

Brgds,
Oebel

I’ll try to restore the previous backup…across the fingers

Let me know what happens! :slight_smile:

Tom

I have also gotten the error message on both McMahon and Bohler today.

Hi tom,
i’ve restored the bakup, the working version of wxsimate is 6.0
(with synop disabled and NAM disabled).

How i can fix?

Thanks in advance

Nothing to do, this morning the same error with older wxsimate versions. What happens? It’s unsable the software with this problem

Might I ask for clarification of the OS which WXSim is running on when this issue happens? I cant help wondering if this could be an OS issue as there seem to be only two people who have experienced this.

Also may I suggest that you check the data in the file created by WXSimate as the data from McMahon and Bohler actually has the date in the header. If this is in fact old data then I suggest checking for more than one copy of the file which may be the one that WXSimate is updating and different from that which WXSim is reading. If there is only one file and both programs are accessing the same one and it’s not being updated then this could be some kind of Windows permissions issue.

Stuart

Thanks for answers, I use Windows 7, I have had this issue after used the wxsimate fixed version for synop problem. After that I’ve had old data every time. Yesterday I’ve restored the old version and the first run was fine after no. Which file need to check? May be that need lunch program as administrator? It’s strange because I haven’t had any problems and the OS is the same. Thank in advance

Windows 7 is what I use so I suspect it is likely to be more a problem with the files. When you start WXSimate on the program window there is a box at the top right which says ‘File to create’ and contains (or should contain) the full path and file name which is created for WXSim to read. Normally this will contain a value like ‘D:\WXSim\wdata.txt’ which is what mine is set to where I have WXSim installed on the D disk in directory WXSim. You should check the file shown here to ensure that WXSimate is updating it and that the GFS data does have the current date in the headers. Next is to ensure that WXSim reads this same file, to do that open WXSim and go to ‘Start/Auto run and other settings’ from the menu and click on ‘disable autorun but keep settings’, next go to the Import menu item and click on ‘Import Data’ and on this next window there is a field just over half way down on the left side which should show the exact same full path to the file which we looked at in WXSimate, if not correct it and check that ‘Ready or GFS Data’ box above is ticked, if all is OK and the file contained good GFS then click on ‘Get Data’ which should load all the correct data and validate it (assuming the file does contain valid GFS).

Hope this helps…

Stuart

Edit: Should have added that you will need to then re-enable autorun of course.

Hello,

update situation.
I’ve modified the option to lunch the program, now i run wxsimmate as administrator and wxsim seems to working fine without gfs old data error (2 time tried), however now i’ve a new error very time to launch wxsimate, the first error popup says that is unable to connect with remote server and one possible casuse could be DST check (but is unckeck because i’m in italy), after this the second popup report an UNSO problem resurce not available. I became crazy!

About the wxsim file i’ve cheked and they are updated with the most recent gfs data but in wxsim, if from import menu i select import data, do not appear nothing new windows but the software load some files and stop, the same if click on import local data.

Thanks in advance Davide

Davide firstly to run a manual import it is mandatory to turn off autorun first, if you do not do this them you do not get the import screen. As to the error connecting to the remote server you may have to change the server it uses, I had this issue the other day with the same error message for SYNOP so I selected a different server by using the arrow keys next to the synop server name (you have to actually click on the new server displayed or it does not take the change) and then rerun the data collection. As to running in admin mode I suspect you have the program installed on the C disk, there are some (in my view silly) quirks with Windows. I have my WXSim and WXSimate on the D disk.

Stuart

Hi,

i’ve untick “run immediatly” but nothig new windows appers.

In link a short video of wxsim import issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCFc7UH__PU&feature=youtu.be

That’s the problem, you are clicking on the wrong button. You have to click on DISABLE AUTO RUN BUT KEEP SETTINGS and later when finished in manual mode go back and click on the activate button.

Stuart