Domain available

Just received this email

We are selling the domain name suffolkweather.com. Since you already own suffolkweather.info if you would like the more popular version we are making it available to you.

The one-time cost is just $69.95. All domain transfers are completed within 24 hours. It’s fast, easy, and secure.

To purchase or to learn more visit:

http://www.dotcomupgrades.com/order.php?domain=suffolkweather.com

We respect your privacy. Unless you respond we will not contact you again.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

All i can say i, thank you for letting me know, i just bought it under my normal registra for

I get this kind of stuff all the time including stuff which says my domains which I currently own are about to expire (but are not as I renewed them all recently). It normally gets put in the ‘bit bucket’ if my spam traps have not already caught them.

Stuart

It was a good heads up for the domain being available this time :slight_smile:

I once got emails that some major company with the same name as my domain is entering the Czech market and that they therefore applied for the domain and request it to be made available (I think there is actually some law here that if you really have a domain name that clashes with a name of some subject that can prove that it existed before you registered it, you might have to make it available, but this is only like the absolute major companies, like say you registered microsoft.cz just before MS did even though MS existed long time before). Obviously in this case it was nonsense… unfortunately there are still people who fall into this trap and buy the domain for 10 times the normal cost. It was even on tv. The problem is that police cant do anything… they can only say you were fooled, but technically speaking they didnt do anything illegal, they offered it to you for a very unreasonable price, but it is your problem if you accept it…

Yeah i am aware of that, didnt someone register Google.com or something to that effect not long ago?

I have had three of these, & some the same for my other sites. The email came on the 12/11/16 @ 14:56 that gave me about 9 hours to respond :lol: (“This Notice for: 404missingpage.com will expire at 11:59PM EST, 12 - Nov. - 2016 Act now!”)

Attention: Important Notice , DOMAIN SERVICE NOTICE Domain Name: 404missingpage.com

ATT: PAUL
404missingpage.com
Response Requested By
12 - Nov. - 2016

PART I: REVIEW NOTICE

Attn: PAUL
As a courtesy to domain name holders, we are sending you this notification for your business Domain name search engine registration. This letter is to inform you that it’s time to send in your registration.
Failure to complete your Domain name search engine registration by the expiration date may result in cancellation of this offer making it difficult for your customers to locate you on the web.
Privatization allows the consumer a choice when registering. Search engine registration includes domain name search engine submission. Do not discard, this notice is not an invoice it is a courtesy reminder to register your domain name search engine listing so your customers can locate you on the web.
This Notice for: 404missingpage.com will expire at 11:59PM EST, 12 - Nov. - 2016 Act now!

Select Package:
http://cenanhoca.com/domain/?domain=404missingpage.com

Payment by Credit/Debit Card

Select the term using the link above by 12 - Nov. - 2016
http://404missingpage.com

teal.

ha ha, what use would that site be :lol:

Just got one… 10 minutes ago… same thing

As a courtesy to domain name holders, we are sending you this notification for your business Domain name search engine registration.

This letter is to inform you that it’s time to send in your registration and save.

Failure to complete your Domain name search engine registration by the expiration date may result in cancellation of this offer making it difficult for your customers to locate you on the web.

Privatization allows the consumer a choice when registering. Search engine subscription includes domain name search engine submission.

You are under no obligation to pay the amounts stated below unless you accept this offer. Do not discard, this notice is not an invoice it is a courtesy reminder to register your domain name search engine listing so your customers can locate you on the web.

This Notice for: WWW.METEOPAGE.COM will expire on November 24,2016 Act today!

1 year 11/24/2016 - 11/24/2017 $75.00
2 year 11/24/2016 - 11/24/2018 $119.00
5 year 11/24/2016 - 11/24/2021 $199.00
10 year -Most Recommended- 11/24/2016 - 11/24/2026 $295.00
Lifetime (NEW!) Limited time offer - Best value! Lifetime $499.00

Payment by Credit Card
Call our New York main office: (716)980-9181

Go for it before ya lose it ha ha ha #-o :roll: :lol:

A quick question for you gurus, what would be the easiest way to use the new .com
I am currently using suffolkweather.info but would prefer the new suffolkweather.com

Easiest way would be creating a redirect on your .com domain to your .info - that way you wont have to change absolutely anything on your other site and this redirect index page would only contain the code for the redirect - i.e. it would take miliseconds to load and the user won

Ah ok, thanks, so i can just set the .com as a addon domain, but if i set it as a redirect to the .info i wouldnt need that index page would i?

I think you can set it up on the server without needing a re-direct page, e-rice did it that way, but I don’t know how :dontknow: Otherwise I would think .htaccess could do it too.

Yep, just done it as you was typing :smiley:

yes, that of course is an option to do it directly in your hosting cPanel :slight_smile: This above is only if you wanted to do it via a page without any change in hosting cpanel or htaccess

Well done Bashy, I get those emails all the time but it has never occurred to me to check if the domain is openly available :lol:

I got these constantly, for misspellings of my domains even for unrelated domains for insanely stupid prices the last few weeks. Ended up creating a global email rule that delivers them to /dev/null. Now my email box thanks me.

Yes, the problem is that for every maybe 10000 emails there is that one naive person who buys it… making it still worth it for those spammers to do it

I just checked the “spam” folder in my Meteotemplate blog comments…

8900 posts since I last checked about a month ago… 20 within last 60 minutes.

I actually read a few at the top… well I got to say there is at least one positive thing about this - some of them are just so funny I had to laugh out loud…

Like this one:

Hi FirozA friend of mine lost a Nokia phone in Navi Mumbai. Can u pls help in getting in touch with some concerned authority in this regard?Thanks!Neeraj Monga

Yes… I guess I can surely help :smiley:

Others are sometimes like 3 A4 pages long :smiley:

Not exactly spam, but amusing https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2016/11/14/i-have-toyota-corola/