wxsimlite error 62 and error 70

Hi all

I seem to be getting errors with wxsimllite every morning.

The error 62 occurs after my analysis run at 3.00am and the error 70 occurs with my first 2 forecast runs of the day.

If I do a non automatic run on both the analysis and the forecast I get no problems.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Dave

I think solving the first problem will also solve the second. It looks like there’s a corrupt file it’s trying to read. The question is what kind (a forecast file, ending in .wxf, or a gfsdat0… file) and which one.

One thing which might reveal it quickly is to look in c:\wxsim\wxsimlitedata at those gfsdat0… files, in Windows Explorer or My Computer, and list the size of the files. The gfsdat0 ones are usually about 5 KB. If there’s a shorter one in there, that could be the problem. Also, if you scan through c:\wxsim (or wherever you keep .wxf files, starting with “f”), and one of those looks much shorter, that could be it.

Another approach is to manipulate the analysis time or data manually (on the right margin of WXSIM-Lite’s form) and set the date back a few days. If this averts the error, then you know the corrupt file is more recent.

Let me know what you find!

Tom